Author Topic: Here we go again, more tornadoes!  (Read 3962 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Here we go again, more tornadoes!
« on: May 30, 2013, 09:49:35 PM »
On the ground now just a mile or so from my wife's sisters place. South east side of Tulsa, Broken Arrow area

*expletive deleted*it
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Here we go again, more tornadoes!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 09:52:06 PM »
Yeah I know, looks like I just might get to go play after all.

Lot of new homes in that area.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 09:54:06 PM »
Looks to be tracking just to the north of of the in-laws. Just the other side of higway 51 at Oneata.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 10:21:36 PM »
Missed my sister in law's place but she watched it go by out her back door :facepalm:.

Hopefully no serious damage to the Bluebell icecream plant.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 10:52:01 PM »
Looking like it hit just right there.  Watching KOTV Channel 6 and the have the bird up over the area.  Looks to be no more than an EF1.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 09:10:58 AM »
Bluebell plant in OK?  Thought it was in Brenham, TX.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 09:38:49 AM »
Bluebell plant in OK?  Thought it was in Brenham, TX.

Brenham is the original.  I think they have three plants now.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 06:06:27 PM »
And we are getting ready for another round tonight.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 08:18:01 PM »
Prayers for citizens of Oklahoma City and suburbs tonight.   =(

http://livewire.koco.com/Event/Live_Wire_Storms_expected_across_Oklahoma
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 09:21:21 PM »
OKC is getting hammered right now as I post this. 

Also heard St Louis has just had one.  Right now they are all around Tulsa right now.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 09:22:11 PM »
Under a tornado warning right now. I'm to the SE edge of the warned area and the storm is tracking slightly to the north of my place. Nothing on the ground but the weather weanies are getting all orgasmic over the RADAR. Rural area, not too densely populated but a couple.

Just announced a tornado on the ground north and west of me about 6 miles.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 09:30:11 PM »
Current track if it holds together will take it less than a mile from me

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 09:48:28 PM »
Tracked off to the north. Dropped several small funnels but that cell is weakening.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 10:15:01 PM »
Rumint is up that units are being called now for duty.  I have not yet got the call but time will tell.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 10:27:57 PM »

Bill, I want to thank you and the others (of various gun board communities) for giving me the two days I needed to fly in, interview, and fly out again without having any real weather to worry about.  We'll overlook the heavy weather that delayed us getting into Denver; that's really not your area.

The tornado hiatus was much appreciated.

Now, if this thing materializes, we're going to have to work a bit on keeping them at arm's length from the south Tulsa area.

Anyway, thanks.     :angel:
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 10:56:48 PM »
I had my Cherokee wife doing an anti-rain dance just for your benefit.

For South Tulsa area stay away from the SE part of Broken Arrow and Oneta, That area was hit yesterday. They seem to get all the nasty storms. Never hear much of Bixby getting smacked around.
Depending on your 'commute tolerance" there are a number of decent bedroom communities that offer lower real estate prices.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 10:59:37 PM »
And round 2 for the night.
This one doesn't look to be tornadic, just a severe thunderstorm cell. Heavy enough rain that we've lost the sat feed.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 12:55:17 AM »
Looks like we got lucky again here.

Dad came up here from visiting a friend in OK yesterday.

I was at a customers house a little NE of here this afternoon and watched a nasty looking wall cloud go by but it didn't do anything until after it was past. The rest of the storms have went just a few miles north or south of us.

I've watched a few go through the KC area when I lived there and drove through one several years back. That's as close as I want to be.

Sometimes I'm glad I'm in this little hole that seems to get passed over by the worst storms.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013, 01:14:13 AM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 01:19:05 AM »
I saw an early low res photo and wondered why there was a news story about an IMCA modified car during tornado coverage. Then I found out that used to be a Yukon.  :facepalm:

Glad everyone that was in it is alright.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2013, 08:11:57 AM »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2013, 10:09:17 AM »
I'm glad they gave the local emergency folks something to do.  I'm sure they were bored last night.

Morons.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2013, 11:13:04 AM »
So, that was a successful hunt?

For the tornado, yes. :rofl: :lol: :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2013, 11:19:47 AM »
I saw an early low res photo and wondered why there was a news story about an IMCA modified car during tornado coverage. Then I found out that used to be a Yukon.   :facepalm:

jim

Named for Yukon, OK no doubt  :lol:

I used to know some folks from there.  They summered in Colorado.  I am sure that they are long gone now.  IIRC, he was a retired Conoco exec  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2013, 04:49:54 PM »
I saw an early low res photo and wondered why there was a news story about an IMCA modified car during tornado coverage. Then I found out that used to be a Yukon.  :facepalm:

jim

That was my first thought also Jim when I saw the first pic on Facebook.

Unit got called in last night, looking for 100 volunteers.  Went in and prepped vehicles with fuel, water and MRE's.  Finished up around 02-0300 this morning.  Told us around 07-0730 to stand down and was heading home by 0800.