Author Topic: A good Christmas, this ain't... Part 2  (Read 1299 times)

kudu

• friend
A good Christmas, this ain't... Part 2
« on: December 25, 2005, 02:05:33 PM »
Last Tuesday my Uncle, who owns a sheet metal and heating business went out to give an estimate for a geothermal system.  On the way up some steps he slipped and fell on the ice and hit his head badly.  He was taken to the hospital, it was serious, but didn't seem life threatening.  He was having trouble remembering people and family.  Over night his head started swelling and surgery had to be done by drilling a drainage hole in his skull.  It was not enough, and he soon went into a coma and on life support.

On Chrismas eve one of the Dr.s' that knows the family suggested that it would be best to remove him from support, as there was no real hope.  The other Dr.s' gave no hope either, but wanted him left on support, no doubt for the extra $.

He was taken off suport and lived about 20 hours and this morning died about 10:15.  I believe he was 63 years old, with wife and 3 daughters and 5 grandchildren that will miss him.   Prayers humbly asked for the family.

Kudu

Preacherman

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 03:00:37 PM »
Prayers on the way.  I'm very sorry to hear about this.  Makes my heating and plumbing problems seem kinda insignificant...
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 03:48:16 PM »
Kudu,

You got 'em my friend.  I know how you feel, we lost a good friend suddenly yesterday also.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 03:52:04 PM »
I don't know if it would have been better for my grandpa to die a few weeks ago, or live until this morning, but  know how you feel.

This Christmas will be one to forget.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 05:55:47 PM »
No, guys, this Christmas will be one to remember; to cherish.  For this Christmas the pain of love was made evident in your hearts.  It will make each Christmas more special.  My FIL and hunting partner passed on 12-23-93.  Each Christmas I remember him in vivid detail; all the good deer hunts, rabbit hunts, the pheasant, squirrel and pat hunts, the talk, the beers, the secrets passed to male heads of households.  All of it.  Made more special by the time of the year.
I lost my dad in the month of my marriage, October 26, 1999; a special month because I became one with the love of my life in that month 33 years before.  The month of my greatest blessing became the month of my greatest loss.  Everything that I am, in some way is connected to that man.  Yet October remains a celebration of life that continues and memories that never pass away.
Remember them well, lads.  For in their passing, you have had a piece of your heart chipped away.  But in their living, you were made larger in whole.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2005, 10:34:43 PM »
I'm sorry, guys. I'll be thinking about you and your families.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005, 01:29:20 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear this. Prayers sent...

Sad
Avoid cliches like the plague!

kudu

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 01:51:06 AM »
Thanks guys, and grampster, very eloquent and true as always.