Author Topic: Climate bill stalls in Senate after disputeAP  (Read 8481 times)

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
Re: Climate bill stalls in Senate after disputeAP
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2008, 04:22:39 AM »
What did Neapolitan ice cream ever do to you?
Shh.  He's on a roll.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2008, 06:22:08 AM »
Friday morning, 11:20AM, EST, UPS was just in the office, Mane.  They did not bring my 100K rounds of .308.  Since you are now late with interest and penalties of 1K rounds of .45acp per day, I expect 100K of .308 and 2K of .45acp by Monday at noon.

Carbon Police=> police
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2008, 06:47:11 AM »
Friday morning, 11:20AM, EST, UPS was just in the office, Mane.  They did not bring my 100K rounds of .308.  Since you are now late with interest and penalties of 1K rounds of .45acp per day, I expect 100K of .308 and 2K of .45acp by Monday at noon.

Carbon Police=> police

If anyone demands my stock of .308, they get it pointy end first, one at a time. grin

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2008, 08:09:29 AM »
Bill failed.. You can't collect carbon ammo credits anymore El T

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

HankB

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2008, 09:50:42 AM »
Bill failed.. You can't collect carbon ammo credits anymore El T

from heraldnews.com, linked from the AP website, in reference to an attempt to break the GOP filibuster:

The 48-36 vote fell short of a majority, but Democrats produced letters from six senators - including both presidential candidates Barack Obama and John McCain - saying they would have voted for the measure had they been there. [/b]
Just when I start convincing myself that McCain wouldn't be so bad . . . this.

We are so screwed . . .   angry

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

agricola

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2008, 09:53:14 AM »

Carbon Police=> police

100,000 rounds of .308?  You are that sure Obama will win?
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2008, 11:34:48 AM »
Mane, O.K., I just taxed it.  You owe me 100K round of .308 for that eruption. grin

No, no. You need to tax the volcano for the carbon emissions. Or forbid it to erupt again. Go have a dialogue with it when it's about to erupt, so it won't. Face-to-face.

Can we convince the Dems to do that?

I would enter into discussions with that volcano unconditionally since the Bush/McCain policies of volcano containment have failed so absolutely.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."