Author Topic: Quartzite, AZ: Woman arrested, "state of emergency" due to Youtube outrage?  (Read 8463 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
the town incorporated in 1989

Seems like back in the 1960s there was maybe a gas station there and nothing else.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Seems like back in the 1960s there was maybe a gas station there and nothing else.

lol.

The town is full of retired boondockers that have PO Box addresses there, but no other physical presence.  They all drive around the country in RV's and 5th wheels.

I joke that the town's highway ramps are trailer-mounted so they can take those with 'em when they move around the desert.  Seems the town "floats" its location each time I drive by it. Kind of a redneck-nascar version of the "Lost" island.  =D
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

griz

• friend
Sounds as if the town is a magnet for people who want to be in charge and consolidate their power with law suits and police actions.   If they built a fence around the place we would all be better off.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ned Hamford

• friend
I think this is one of the most interesting things going on right now... why in the world isn't there more media coverage?

Was doing some google searching and saw an article saying the state AG is investigating the closed meeting in July.  Would be nice if there was also mention of that annual quarter mil going to non-existent employees and the whole private police force hired, and the ousting of the mayor...

And also found this gem.  http://www.prisonplanet.com/quartzsite-arizona-blueprint-for-a-police-state-takeover.html
[Embeds a 10 min fox news interview with the head of the local police union and his atty and then the mayor]

Was interesting to find that as part of the State of emergency all the disloyal police officers, 9/14, were under effective house arrest [suspended and facing dismissal if leaving their house during business hours.... and of course being caught with the curfew with the rest of the citizens during the rest of the hours].
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 12:25:24 PM by Ned Hamford »
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
I think this is one of the most interesting things going on right now. :O :facepalm:

not prison planet....

that quarter mill they snuck by the auditors?

what curfew are we referring to?

hey don't the mayor clean up nice? as opposed to a short while ago....
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ned Hamford

• friend
I think this is one of the most interesting things going on right now. :O :facepalm:
not prison planet....
that quarter mill they snuck by the auditors?
what curfew are we referring to?
hey don't the mayor clean up nice? as opposed to a short while ago....

Well the news on this thing seems to be the lack of news.  That it is from prison planet, that is why I called it a gem... I think it fair to call prison planet the rough. 

Quarter mil is the annual quarter mil going to non-existent employees going back more than a decade that the mayor talks about... The curfew is part of the state of emergency, which I haven't seen any notice having changed.  And I take it the mayor normally looks like a hobo? 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
key words here are "mayor talking about"

yuo believe the auditors got scammed and the mayor "saw the truth!"  in spite of not havinfg access to records?

and where is this curfew notice you speak of?

think outside the mayors box.... why is there no coverage?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I