Author Topic: Big Push For Gun Control Is Coming To Congress In September  (Read 8442 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Big Push For Gun Control Is Coming To Congress In September
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2019, 05:43:09 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2019, 09:30:40 PM »
The NRA needs new leadership that will demand that Americans right to own fully auto weapons and suppressors be acknowledged and protected.

"Reasonable" compromise is how you conserve nothing.

This a hundred times eleventy.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2019, 10:10:12 PM »

Pb

• friend
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2019, 08:58:19 AM »
That's not what I would call "try"

No, they did try... did demos of suppressors for congressmen and a lot of stuff like that.  I was on their mailing list for the effort.  Most members of the GOP don't care about RKBA, that's why it failed.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2019, 10:42:47 PM »
https://amp.dailycaller.com/2019/11/07/msnbc-gun-owner-panel-buybacks?__twitter_impression=true
Gun Owners Laugh In MSNBC Host’s Face When He Asks About Gun Buyback Proposals
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2019, 08:19:18 AM »
I was wondering when they'd get around to the "only three rounds for waterfowl" rule.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/11/08/gaffe-of-the-day-joe-biden-mixes-up-rounds-magazines-and-clips/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2019, 10:29:26 AM »
I was wondering when they'd get around to the "only three rounds for waterfowl" rule.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/11/08/gaffe-of-the-day-joe-biden-mixes-up-rounds-magazines-and-clips/

What happens if the warden catches you hunting children with more than the legal, hundred-clip limit?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2019, 10:28:16 AM »
Interesting: I knew that Bernie, years ago, was if not pro-gun, gun neutral regarding what the gov can and cannot do re the 2nd. I'm really surprised though, that he made this statement now, considering the direction all the other candidates are going. Perhaps he learned from Beto's crash and burn. Also, as pointed out, it doesn't mesh with his confiscation of wealth stance.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/11/11/bernie-sanders-makes-it-clear-that-confiscation-is-unconstitutional-of-guns-not-wealth/

Pb

• friend
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2019, 12:20:37 PM »
Interesting: I knew that Bernie, years ago, was if not pro-gun, gun neutral regarding what the gov can and cannot do re the 2nd. I'm really surprised though, that he made this statement now, considering the direction all the other candidates are going. Perhaps he learned from Beto's crash and burn. Also, as pointed out, it doesn't mesh with his confiscation of wealth stance.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/11/11/bernie-sanders-makes-it-clear-that-confiscation-is-unconstitutional-of-guns-not-wealth/

Bernie actually voted against the Brady bill a long time ago.

He has gotten a lot more anti-gun since then though.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2019, 10:59:33 PM »
Didn't Bernie get some attention in the last election primary for saying each state should essentially pass their own laws?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge