Author Topic: Wisconsin lawmaker urges arming teachers  (Read 940 times)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Wisconsin lawmaker urges arming teachers
« on: October 05, 2006, 05:35:51 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061005/ap_on_re_us/school_weapons

It might not be politically correct, but it has worked effectively in other countries, Republican Rep. Frank Lasee said Wednesday.
No kidding?

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 05:41:12 PM »
Lasee is absolutely right. But the bill will never pass here in WI. Or not until we've had shall-issue CCW for a few years.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 07:09:23 PM »
Monkeyleg,

If the elections would turn out favorably in November, and the issue of CCW would once again come up in the legislature, do you think there would be opposition to lowering the age requirement for a license from the 21 it previously was to an age like 20 or 19?

When a CCW bill would be formulated again, who would I contact to express my interest in having an age requirement of 20 or 19 for a license instead of an age requirement of 21?
Andy

Strings

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 07:37:34 PM »
cosine, IIRC, you have to be 21 to purchase a handgun here in the Land of Cheese. So making a lower age requirement for CCW would be fairly pointless...

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 07:42:48 PM »
Quote from: Hunter Rose
cosine, IIRC, you have to be 21 to purchase a handgun here in the Land of Cheese. So making a lower age requirement for CCW would be fairly pointless...
Oh yeah, duh. Sometimes the memory doesn't work. What about (it may seem like I'm grasping at straws here Wink) private face-to-face transactions though? Are those restricted to 21 too?
Andy

Strings

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 08:23:18 PM »
I'm willing to bet that ANY attempt to lower the age for ccw would be met with cries from the antis of "you're encouraging straw sales!", or somesuch...

Although, in answer to your question: private sales have no such restrictions that I'm aware of, and you CAN possess a handgun at 18...

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 08:27:33 PM »
Okay. It was just an idea that occured to me, no sense in following through with it if it's not very feasible or if it might impede the progress of any CCW in WI in any way.

I can be patient. Deprived, but patient. Wink
Andy