Author Topic: Turkey fights back in DC  (Read 1662 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Turkey fights back in DC
« on: May 18, 2017, 06:08:46 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/18/secret-service-investigates-turkish-presidents-security-details-clash-with-protesters.html

Turkey's president security detail beats the snot out of protesters in DC.  DC police try to stop the attack and give a few hits of their own.

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Turkey fights back in DC
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 07:58:52 AM »
Turkish Ambassador needs to be ejected over that *expletive deleted*it. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 08:07:39 AM »
Yet another example of foreigners taking our jobs. I remember the good old days when we had American goons beating peaceful protesters. :old:
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 08:22:40 AM »
Yet another example of foreigners taking our jobs. I remember the good old days when we had American goons beating peaceful protesters. :old:
:rofl:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 10:29:29 AM »

Our goons were beating their goons.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 10:55:03 AM »
This has some more info, but not much.  I was curious if it was just words that provoked it or was their more going on.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/17/528719352/violence-breaks-out-during-protest-at-turkish-embassy-in-washington-d-c
The altercation outside the ambassador's residence occurred hours after the Trump-Erdogan meeting.

The Washington Post reports: "Erdogan is staying at Blair House across from the White House during his visit, and was apparently not at the embassy during the demonstration."
It says two arrests were made.  One was arrested for assaulting a police officer. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 12:51:44 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/18/secret-service-investigates-turkish-presidents-security-details-clash-with-protesters.html

Turkey's president security detail beats the snot out of protesters in DC.  DC police try to stop the attack and give a few hits of their own.

If it was anyone other than Turkey, I'd start at ejecting their entire embassy for a couple years and offer air strikes, sanctions and travel ban if they got upset over it. Foreign security personnel harming American citizens should always be dealt with severely to send a message. I've always advocated an unofficial 100 to 1 ratio. If possible, I'd send a fruit basket to the cop who started using the baton on one of the Turkish thugs. Most of the people protesting were ethnic Kurdish, while not pure as white snow, have been our strongest allies in the entire Middle East. The video clearly shows the security personnel attacking, not defending. Regardless of the backstory or involvement, the protestors are presumed to be US citizens and the aggressors are foreign nationals. This cannot be tolerated.

Unfortunately, we need their air bases because they are centrally located.

Sometimes it really sucks when you're faced between doing the right thing and doing what you need to do.

Maybe publicly put out ROE's that allow lethal fire on Turkish security personnel who harm US citizens? Even diplomatic immunity does not override self defense or defense of a third party.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 02:30:50 PM »

Unfortunately, we need their air bases because they are centrally located.

I would say that really don't.   Incirlik and two other bases were NEO'd * last year.  Doesn't look like any have returned, nor is Incirik an accompanied tour anymore.  We could reopen a base or two in Greece (I'm sure they'd love, love, love, love, LOVE to get the USAF back and spending buttloads of greenbacks.)

And I find it amazing that we still don't have a SOFA agreement with Iraq, yet we have thousands of "boots on the ground" there.  How does that happen ??

Also, I agree that the Kurds aren't a pure as the driven snow, but they are a lot less bad then the Turks currently are and are headed toward with Iranian-like Sharia law and Ottoman Empire Part II.

They really need us more than we need them. 

*NEO- Non-combatant Evacuation Operations.  aka Getting All the Dependents the Hell out of Dodge, hopefully before the *expletive deleted*it hits the fan.

No coverage of this other than Stars and Stripes.  And no, it wasn't a practice drill.  https://www.stripes.com/news/europe/families-leaving-turkey-get-supportive-welcome-at-ramstein-1.402130#.WR3nDty1sdV
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 03:59:06 PM »

I would say that really don't.   Incirlik and two other bases were NEO'd * last year.  Doesn't look like any have returned, nor is Incirik an accompanied tour anymore.  We could reopen a base or two in Greece (I'm sure they'd love, love, love, love, LOVE to get the USAF back and spending buttloads of greenbacks.)

And I find it amazing that we still don't have a SOFA agreement with Iraq, yet we have thousands of "boots on the ground" there.  How does that happen ??

Also, I agree that the Kurds aren't a pure as the driven snow, but they are a lot less bad then the Turks currently are and are headed toward with Iranian-like Sharia law and Ottoman Empire Part II.

They really need us more than we need them. 

We wish that would be the case, but know it isn't.

Hellenikon Air Base isn't in the same league as Incirlik. That's akin to a couple decade discontinued middle school baseball team being compared to the Yankees. Incirlik is better located. Four hours flight time or more closer to most targets. Hellenikon is closer to Libya, but that's it's only selling point. Incirlik has much better facilities. More importantly, losing Incirlik to the Russians would be very very bad. Keeping it open with a single PFC would still have substantial to critical geopolitical importance.

Opening a base in Greece would only be a good idea as a bargaining chip to lower any pricetag on Incirlik. Sadly the Turks control the crossroads and know it.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 04:30:06 PM »
Again, we have lots and lots of boots on the ground in Iraq.  There are six Air Expeditionary Wings operating in the Gulf States to include 1 at Ali Air Base in Iraq in An Nāşirīyah.  And I bet we could get other airbases in Iraq if needed. 

So we don't "need" Incirlik.  And we really don't need to have any nukes stored there any more.  If we evacuated dependents, then we need to evacuate the nukes. 

And remember Turkey closed the Airspace around Incirlik to US aircraft back in January.

Yes, Russia is still threat, but we do have common cause with them regarding ISIS and radical Islam.  And we should be working with them in Syria.  (Yes, Assad is a SOB.  But before Clinton and Obama decided they didn't like him.  Syria was a country that had a pluralistic society, with freedom of religion, and fairly decent standard of living for it's citizens.   Did Assad rule with a iron fist.  Yes, to a certain extent, and against radical Islamist.  Now we see what happens when that Iron Fist was removed.  Hundreds, thousands of Islamist f*expletive deleted*tards have wreaked havoc all over that once peaceful* nation.

Yeah, maybe get Assad to agree to stop funding f*expletive deleted*tards like Hamas and others and maybe we'll agree to work with Russians to save his bacon. 

*- for certain values of peaceful in the Mid-East.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 06:00:20 PM »
Erdogan is an Islamist fundamentalist and a thug. We need to get our bases out of Turkey and kick that S.O.B. to the curb. I have friends in Greece, and I'm sure they would be happy to host an American or NATO air base or three.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

agricola

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 08:30:35 PM »
Again, we have lots and lots of boots on the ground in Iraq.  There are six Air Expeditionary Wings operating in the Gulf States to include 1 at Ali Air Base in Iraq in An Nāşirīyah.  And I bet we could get other airbases in Iraq if needed. 

So we don't "need" Incirlik.  And we really don't need to have any nukes stored there any more.  If we evacuated dependents, then we need to evacuate the nukes. 

And remember Turkey closed the Airspace around Incirlik to US aircraft back in January.

Yes, Russia is still threat, but we do have common cause with them regarding ISIS and radical Islam.  And we should be working with them in Syria.  (Yes, Assad is a SOB.  But before Clinton and Obama decided they didn't like him.  Syria was a country that had a pluralistic society, with freedom of religion, and fairly decent standard of living for it's citizens.   Did Assad rule with a iron fist.  Yes, to a certain extent, and against radical Islamist.  Now we see what happens when that Iron Fist was removed.  Hundreds, thousands of Islamist *expletive deleted*tards have wreaked havoc all over that once peaceful* nation.

Yeah, maybe get Assad to agree to stop funding *expletive deleted*tards like Hamas and others and maybe we'll agree to work with Russians to save his bacon. 

*- for certain values of peaceful in the Mid-East.

Russia, Assad and even Hamas are far less bad than Erdogan is. 

Things like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_National_Intelligence_Organisation_scandal_in_Turkey

should never be forgotten either, nor should what happened to the people who tried to stop / reveal it (like Can Dundar - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can_D%C3%BCndar). 

"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"