Author Topic: Hospitals quietly send uninsured immigrants back to their country of origin  (Read 999 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/medical/article/US-hospitals-send-hundreds-of-immigrants-back-home-4455072.php

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/medical/article/A-look-at-immigrant-patients-deported-by-hospitals-4455083.php

We simply cannot afford to be the long-term hospital/rehab to the uninsured undocumented immigrant world.  I know how much money the system loses to this sort of thing, and it drives up the bills for everyone else.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 11:11:52 PM by MillCreek »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Could be worse...

I promise not to duck.

Waitone

• friend
We simply cannot afford to be the long-term hospital/rehab to the uninsured undocumented immigrant world.  I know how much money the system loses to this sort of thing, and it drives up the bills for everyone else.
Well get accustomed to it because when you fortify Obamacare with Immigration "reform" the spending has only started.

Answer the following question--What is the average multiplier when comparing the initial cost estimates of a federal social program with the actual fully implemented figure?

The answer is 9x
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

dm1333

• friend
So Iowa Methodist Medical Center in Des Moines took matters into its own hands: After consulting with the patients' families, it quietly loaded the two comatose men onto a private jet that flew them back to Mexico, effectively deporting them without consulting any court or federal agency.

Civil rights groups say the practice violates U.S. and international laws and unfairly targets one of the nation's most defenseless populations.

So some groups are concerned that this is a violation of U.S. law and they are being deported without consulting a court or federal agency.  None of them seem especially concerned that these people are here illegally anyway.  I love the use of "immigrants" through most of the article. 

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 04:31:49 PM by dm1333 »