Author Topic: My new toy  (Read 612 times)

digitalandanalog

• friend
My new toy
« on: June 20, 2009, 07:14:00 PM »
Some number of weeks ago I had talked about buying a Yamaha home theater receiver (RX-V863) from some unknown company (Lorimer Electronics) in Brooklyn for an unbelievable price.

Well, it arrived about a week and a half after I ordered it. It was the exact product I ordered and it was NIB. UPS actually required a live person to accept it instead of just dumping it on the porch as per usual.

After finding the time to completely tear down and rebuild my home theater with quality wires I fired up the biggest, heaviest receiver I have ever owned.

I spent a good amount of time messing around in the on screen menus and doing a thorough set up.

I can say that I am truly impressed. The sound is awesome and so clear. I can understand why this receiver was MSRP'ed at $1000. (Best Buy wanted $950 and tax)

I got it for $615. I love shopping on the interwebz :laugh:

crt360

• friend
Re: My new toy
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 11:40:41 PM »
Sounds like you found a great deal.  I checked it out on the Yamaha website and it looks like it has everything but the kitchen sink.  My newest receiver is probably almost ten years old and I still haven't figured out what all it does.  :D
For entertainment purposes only.