Author Topic: Extended-cab, V8 Pickups - what's your pick  (Read 4575 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Extended-cab, V8 Pickups - what's your pick
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 02:01:40 PM »
I don't think you should travel without a hiccup.  You should always be prepared.  laugh
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Remington788

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2008, 03:17:34 AM »
I drive a Ford for one job, a Dodge for another and own a Chevy for my personnel truck.  All are 4x4 extended or quad cab with roughly the same options.  The Ford is a 2005, the Dodge a 2002 and the Chevy a 2003.  There is a reason why I drive a Chevy.  Better ride, better handling, better power (all are V8's) just plain better everything.  My advice, go with the Chevy.

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2008, 03:00:56 PM »
Wound up with a Crew Cab ST Ram 1500 w/ some upgrades. I just couldn't beat the offer the Dodge dealer had ($12.5k total off MSRP, and they valued my trade-in at $1000 more than I expected) - I should have it paid off by this time next year.

So far so good - ride's nice, plenty of power. Ugly steel wheels, but c'est la vie.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2008, 03:20:50 PM »
You'll like the Ram.  I had a 99 quad cab.  Tight fit and finish.  Stiff ride, but hey it's a truck.  One caveat though.  Dodge had tranny problems that they wouldn't own up to in the late 90's and early 00's.  My tranny pooped at 40,000 miles.
Does Dodge still have the lifetime warranty.  If so, you should be good to go.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw