Author Topic: Senator Boxer or Ma'am?  (Read 6447 times)

sanglant

• friend
Re: Senator Boxer or Ma'am?
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 03:20:55 PM »
"Wench" 

with maybe an adjective indicating function.  "kitchen wench", "laundry wench", "senator wench".

the term hag comes to mind, that or something about nappy hair :angel:

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 03:24:35 PM »
From the follow-up article about how it's not a big deal: "There are far more important issues facing America -- from national security to the proper care and treatment of veterans, military service member and their families -- and this difference of opinion in salutations is not one of them."

So, if that were actually true, why did she make such a stink about it? ???
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 03:26:32 PM »
So using "withered crone" was not an option?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2009, 04:04:40 PM »
Once again, one of our elite political class has proven how stupid and petty they can be.  It really is not all that surprising.  In fact, it's to be expected.  And as was said earlier, there are more important things to worry about.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Archie

• friend
  • Galactic Effectuator
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2009, 04:45:39 PM »
How about we get together and make her title, "Ex-Senator"?

"I worked so hard to get where I am"

Right, Senator; you spent a boatload of inherited money, while all the General did was put his life on the line for most of his life. 
As long as the citizens of the United States own and keep personal weapons, we can argue about all the other issues that concern us.  The instant we lose the ability to keep weapons, our masters will decide all those other issues for us.