Author Topic: Wall Street Protest- Police Conduct Condemned by MSNBC  (Read 7545 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Wall Street Protest- Police Conduct Condemned by MSNBC
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 09:09:58 AM »
It's hard to find a good guy in this story, but I think police pepper-spraying women just for their own amusement, and arresting credentialed journalists trying to cover the event -- and even shopkeepers who work in the area and have nothing to do with the protest -- are a bigger threat than the hippies.
"It's good, though..."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2011, 09:23:10 AM »
Arabs had the "Arab Spring". Are we having a "Hippie Autumn"?

We probably are.  Can't you smell the patchouli in the air?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 09:54:16 AM »
I thought I heard that more video came out supporting the cops in this, but I can't find any link for it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2011, 10:17:45 AM »
It's hard to find a good guy in this story, but I think police pepper-spraying women just for their own amusement, and arresting credentialed journalists trying to cover the event -- and even shopkeepers who work in the area and have nothing to do with the protest -- are a bigger threat than the hippies.

Assumes facts not evident. The video's I've seen show police pepperspraying people, but they seem, if anything, seriously unamused at the whole event.  The video's are also suspiciously short for me to condem either side.  The journalist I saw being arrested in the video was clearly on the wrong side of the barriers and where he shouldn't have been.

It's the NYPD, so they could be as evil as the hippies are claiming, but I'll need to see some evidence that doesn't come from the hippies first.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2011, 10:19:23 AM »
Rational citizens have become bystanders in their own country.  Oppressive police and anarchists are two faces of the same coin.  And it's a coin minted by a runaway Fed and all it stands for.  We have a legal system.  Why are we not using it to prosecute the real felons on Wall St.?  We don't need to destroy Wall St., we need to go after the crooks, and I see NO ONE in power pushing for that.  
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2011, 10:22:48 AM »
I thought I heard that more video came out supporting the cops in this, but I can't find any link for it.

I wouldn't be surprised.  The in-the-middle-of-everything cameras always seem to turn just in time to see the cops doing something, but not what happened just before.  Anybody with any sense wanting to get good, unbiased footage would be using a long lens from outside and/or above the crowd, and not panning around constantly.

I know on high-risk security contracts, our preference is to get at least two camera positions above the area, each with 2-4 stationary cameras - one wide angle and the rest watching potential trouble points, plus one handheld.  That way there's no question what somebody was doing just before the camera turned to them.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2011, 12:15:43 PM »
Rational citizens have become bystanders in their own country.  Oppressive police and anarchists are two faces of the same coin.  And it's a coin minted by a runaway Fed and all it stands for.  We have a legal system.  Why are we not using it to prosecute the real felons on Wall St.?  We don't need to destroy Wall St., we need to go after the crooks, and I see NO ONE in power pushing for that.  
We don't prosecute the "real" felons usually because what they are doing is legal.  Liberals and other idiot votes keep electing politicians who change the laws to make it legal or leave in loopholes.  Or they just pass ill-conceived legislation that opens all sorts of new doors.  Wall Street isn't the problem, Washington D.C. is.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2011, 07:07:10 PM »
Apparently the "Occupiers of Wall Street" have a "needs of the occupiers" Twitter list going. Among other things, they require solar panels and installers.

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/10/04/progressive-of-pallor-on-pointless-parade/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2011, 07:12:12 PM »
I have no trouble seeing both the hippies and the NYPD jackboots as being in the wrong.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2011, 05:48:18 PM »
The hippies are now occupying Brainerd MN.  I can't think of a punchline to go with that, but I don't think it needs one.  Brainerd?

Calling Marge Gunderson...

"It's good, though..."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2011, 10:55:07 PM »
I have no trouble seeing both the hippies and the NYPD jackboots as being in the wrong.

I think this falls in the "communists protesting the nazis" category.  I'm going to go check the NEO listings.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2011, 10:45:13 AM »
We don't prosecute the "real" felons usually because what they are doing is legal.  Liberals and other idiot votes keep electing politicians who change the laws to make it legal or leave in loopholes.  Or they just pass ill-conceived legislation that opens all sorts of new doors.  Wall Street isn't the problem, Washington D.C. is.

Your presumption is that everything going on is iegal.  Maybe, maybe not.  But that is exactly what we need to lay out for all to see.  We need a process of discovery and to follow where that leads.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2011, 08:49:15 PM »
Your presumption is that everything going on is iegal.  Maybe, maybe not.  But that is exactly what we need to lay out for all to see.  We need a process of discovery and to follow where that leads.
I don't completely disagree, but I think those in power are able to intentionally confuse some rules/laws and know where the grey areas are where they can take advantage.  The tax code is way too big for me to think otherwise.