Author Topic: Rubio as Veep?  (Read 1597 times)

Waitone

• friend
Rubio as Veep?
« on: September 28, 2011, 07:16:23 PM »
Rubio is the perfect blank slate for establishment republicans.  He young, he's pretty, has great hair, is a qualified minority, great bootstrap family story. . . . he has it all.

Except for one itty-bitty detail--he evidently is not a natural born citizen of the US.

Now that republicans want to ignore the qualifications for president, I will be watching to see if WND goes on a jihad against Rubio a la Obama or if it will try to spin it so Rubio is good to go.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/462fe322-e9e5-11e0-a149-00144feab49a.html
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

longeyes

• friend
Re: Rubio as Veep?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 08:40:44 PM »
From what I've seen I like the guy, but "they" like him way too much, and for all the wrong reasons, and that worries me.  For the GOP Establishment he is a "slot," a personable and bright young man with a latin background and marketable ethnic moniker.  I think he is part of Rove's strategy of courting "the Hispanic vote."  Rubio himself seems like the real deal, not a pawn of Rove, but politics is politics.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 01:37:52 AM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 08:52:53 PM »
Rubio was born in Miami.

Section 1, 14th amendment.  He is just as eligible as Obama.  Or any other person born in the US or to US citizens abroad (both of which constitute natural born citizenship).

Since he never went through a naturalization process (no record exists, therefore he hasn't) if the above weren't true, he wouldn't be eligible for his current senatorial position (and given Crist and the other aspects of that race, it would have come out already).

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 09:21:27 PM »
I have a new rule. Someone occupying a state executive/national political office (for the first time) should serve at least one full term prior to running for POTUS. When they've served a full term, they get consideration., not before. This applies to Sarah Palin, and should have applied to Obama. Christie, Rubio, et al., also subject.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 02:38:14 PM »
I have a new rule. Someone occupying a state executive/national political office (for the first time) should serve at least one full term prior to running for POTUS. When they've served a full term, they get consideration., not before. This applies to Sarah Palin, and should have applied to Obama. Christie, Rubio, et al., also subject.

If your country needs you for another, higher post, someone else can be found to fill your current post.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 03:09:03 PM »
Of course, especially given the success of that approach as we type.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 03:40:40 PM »
Of course, especially given the success of that approach as we type.

Yeah, cause President Hillary would have been a vast improvement.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 03:50:33 PM »

???
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 03:57:17 PM »
Arguable. I'll still contend she was more qualified for the office than Obama, regardless of the desireability of her election. We differ on standards for vetting candidates. If Rubio is offered and accepts the nomination, we'll see what happens.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 04:13:43 PM »
The utterly amoral opportunism of Hillary vs. the active anti-American malice of Obama . . . hmmmm . .. . [barf]
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 05:19:01 PM »
Arguable. I'll still contend she was more qualified for the office than Obama,

Well, yeah, who wouldn't be? I'm still glad it wasn't her.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 05:23:12 PM »
The utterly amoral opportunism of Hillary vs. the active anti-American malice of Obama . . . hmmmm . .. . [barf]

Room 641a heard that...
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 05:53:30 PM »
Hillary has zero record of accomplishment.  Fancy jobs, yes.  Some elective, some appointed.  In this she is like most of the ciphers who posture on the political scene.  HillaryCare was a disaster for her as First Lady.  What significant legislation did she leave behind as Senator?  As Secretary of State she is basically the face of an amorphous (at best) foreign policy?  Let me add that she is one of the worst public speakers I've ever heard.  Just as Obama is the embodiment of affirmative action, Hillary is the embodiment of feminism.  I don't think that's too hard.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.