Author Topic: The "Amero" and what we ought to be learning from the "Euro" right now  (Read 1085 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Yeah, the Amero is a topic that tends to earn a person one of these smilies:   [tinfoil]

However, it was a currency modeled around the same concept as the Euro:  nation-less, base-less, its value and printing regularity determined by a multinational governing body.

And what are we seeing right now?

Greece nearly defaulting unless it gets its wheels greased.  Spain, Portugal and Italy in bad shape.

Germany and France not wanting to grease the wheels.  Slovakia doesn't want to scratch their backs, either.

Extend this notion to the Amero and the North American Continent, and you wind up with Mexico in the role of Greece/Spain/Italy.  Canada acting as the swing vote in a 3 way council.  Unless Mexico allows its more southern neighbors into our little fiat money guild, first.  Imagine all of Central America in on an Amero money council, deciding printing frequency?  Can you say "Banana Republic?"

Even if it was just Canada/US/Mexico... what do you think the Mexicans would give Canada in order to get their vote for a currency bail-out instead of risking a default and national collapse?

I can't believe how stupid the Europeans were to abandon their individual currencies.

You want a "standard" currency?  Something that is multinational and honored everywhere?  There's 3.  Gold.  Oil.  And the US dollar. =D
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Azrael256

• friend
Re: The "Amero" and what we ought to be learning from the "Euro" right now
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 10:28:38 PM »
I did not need the demonstration in Europe to know that a unified currency was a bad idea.  That in no way invalidates your commentary.

I read somewhere that the Germans were promised they would never have to bail out the Greeks when they signed on to the Euro European Financial Suicide Pact.  I also read, I think on the blog of that psychiatrist fellow that somebody linked here, that when a family runs out of money, they don't go through bankruptcy together, they get a divorce.  Given the history of "divorces" in Europe (or any other continent for that matter), I wonder if Rand McNally shouldn't be stocking up on supplies.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Re: The "Amero" and what we ought to be learning from the "Euro" right now
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 12:18:54 AM »

I can't believe how stupid the Europeans were to abandon their individual currencies.

You want a "standard" currency?  Something that is multinational and honored everywhere?  There's 3.  Gold.  Oil.  And the US dollar. =D
I'm glad they did =D. Might just be the thing to break up this Evilpean Union =D. And we still have our Krona here. We're managing, so far. =).
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila