Author Topic: News from the Police State - the war against burquas...correction, hoodies  (Read 1160 times)

longeyes

• friend
All in a good cause, right?--even if questionably Constitutional.  (And, no, I don't support it.)

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/10/13/hats-off-or-get-out-valley-stores-lapd-to-ban-headgear-in-anti-crime-effort/
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

zxcvbob

• friend
Wear a yarmulke, goto jail.  This could get interesting.
 [popcorn]
"It's good, though..."

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
From the comments:
Violent gang members don’t kill people … hats kill people.
That’s why I don’t wear hats, I don’t want to commit suicide.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
This is sure to help prevent crime at least eleventeen times more gooder than those awesome gun free zones!

Nightfall

• friend
I remember being quite sick once. Shivering from fever (and the snow outside), I didn't bother to pull my hood back down as I looked for a bottle of NyQuil at the local Safeway, a carton of orange juice and bottle of Sprite in my hand basket. An irate and very alarmed sounding woman behind the nearby pharmacy counter shouted at me, "Excuse me, you need to take your hood off now!" Not wanting to become the target of some anti-drug investigation, I pulled my hood down as the alarm raiser and two of her coworkers scornfully watched my every move on the way to the checkout.

I imagine they think they startled me and prevented my intended cold-blooded cold medicine robbery.  :laugh:
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Note to self:

Move to LA.....open women's underwear store.....require all customers to shed clothing upon entry to protect inventory.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

wmenorr67

• friend
Treat them as the No Guns signs.  Don't do business with them and tell them why.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Authorities in california do something completely asinine.

In other news, water is wet.

More at 11
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
A quote from a friend, about this, "What makes people think that a person who will shove a gun in your face and take your money cares about a hat law.  If you ask me Politicians and Government  officials are on the top of the creating better idiots list."
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.