Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 450993 times)

fifth_column

• friend
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #2075 on: April 08, 2020, 02:59:22 PM »
I played golf on Sunday, probably one the better social distancing activities to do, especially if you walk the course. I also had a bag full of social distancing tools if someone came too close.

Stink bombs?  Excessive bodily out-gassing?  C'mon man, don't leave us hanging.

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2076 on: April 08, 2020, 03:21:53 PM »
Stink bombs?  Excessive bodily out-gassing?  C'mon man, don't leave us hanging.

Um... a driver, 2 fairway woods, a bunch of irons and a putter if it resorts to that.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2077 on: April 08, 2020, 03:23:33 PM »
Um... a driver,

Well there it is. Freakin' rich white guy and his chauffeur.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2078 on: April 08, 2020, 03:31:24 PM »
As of yesterday, COVID is the #1 cause of death daily in the nation.

I thought it was lack of toilet paper.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2079 on: April 08, 2020, 03:33:57 PM »
I thought it was lack of toilet paper.

No, that's the #2 cause of death.
"It's good, though..."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2080 on: April 08, 2020, 03:39:16 PM »
Well there it is. Freakin' rich white guy and his chauffeur.

Yep, this CIS Shitlord going to play again this weekend if it doesn't rain or snow.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2081 on: April 08, 2020, 05:07:10 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/walsh-big-city-mayors-are-blatantly-violating-their-own-social-distancing-rules-heres-what-that-tells-us

Mayor Lori Lightfoot of Chicago is an even bigger and more blatant hypocrite. A few days ago, she got a professional haircut and posed for a picture with her stylist, who was certainly standing much closer than six feet away. This is the same woman who forcibly shut down every hair salon and barber shop in the city, and reserves the right to fine or arrest anyone who does exactly what she just did. The good mayor even recorded a friendly quarantine PSA where she specifically said that getting your hair done “is not essential.”

Lightfoot has been applauded in the media for being especially strict in her stay-at-home orders. Strict to the other residents of the city, I mean, not to herself. She has not only shut down “non-essential” businesses and instated social distancing rules, but she also instructed the people of Chicago to only exit their homes for a “brief respite.” They are not allowed to jog for long distances because, she explained, “outside is not for 5Ks.” Yes, she has assumed the power to decide what outside is “for.”

Don’t worry. She has an excellent excuse for violating her supposedly lifesaving rules. When asked by a reporter, she explained that she just “needed to have a haircut” because she “takes personal hygiene very seriously.” She also insisted that her position as “public face of the city” and her frequent appearances on national television give her a special exemption.

And here I was all upset about those white golfers...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2082 on: April 08, 2020, 05:51:15 PM »
Get with the program, Jamis!

https://nypost.com/2020/04/08/man-crafts-wooden-exercise-equipment-after-covid-19-shuts-down-his-gym/

He's a legend.  I thought about doing an old school pullup bar at least, with some posts, concrete and a bar. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2083 on: April 08, 2020, 05:52:48 PM »
About that racial "disparity"
Somewhat more whites % wise are dying here compare to pop %
Data is for Louisville

+ 64 percent of the patients are white, 27 percent are black, 9 percent are Asian and 0 percent are multi-racial

+ 75 percent of those who have died from the coronavirus were white, 20 percent were black and 4 percent were Asian

For context, the city’s population is 67-68 percent white, 22 percent black and 10 percent foreign-born, Fischer said.

Fischer shares racial data on county’s coronavirus patients
https://www.wave3.com/2020/04/08/fischer-shares-racial-data-countys-coronavirus-patients/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2084 on: April 08, 2020, 06:01:16 PM »
I played golf on Sunday, probably one the better social distancing activities to do, especially if you walk the course. I also had a bag full of social distancing tools if someone came too close.

There's an amazing little 9 hole par 3 about 40 minutes from my house.  We've got a couple crappy wx days coming, and then next week the kid and I are headed over so she can play at least 9 holes next week.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2086 on: April 08, 2020, 09:23:05 PM »
Saw this today:

Walmart customer comes up to the sporting goods counter wearing a mask - over his mouth only.  Places both forearms flat on the countertop and leans across the counter.  Stands back, moves to the other end of the counter & does the same again.

Decides on his purchase.  Pulls out his wallet and takes out some cash. He then pulls his mask down, licks his fingers and starts counting the cash!   :facepalm:  [barf]

Cashier had him lay the money on the counter & sprayed it with antiseptic.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #2087 on: April 08, 2020, 10:00:22 PM »

Decides on his purchase.  Pulls out his wallet and takes out some cash. He then pulls his mask down, licks his fingers and starts counting the cash!   :facepalm:  [barf]

Resident bus driver here.  We went to fareless operation this week.  Last week, I had 2 star students.  The fareboxes take bills.  The bills can be difficult for some people to insert into the farebox.  Specimen #1 approached the farbox with her 2 dollar bills, and gloved hands.  Knowing that she lacks the manual skills to do this, she took one bill in hand to try to jam into the farbox.  The other bill she held between her lips while she worked.  Specimen #2 is similar to above.  As he was trying to jam his bill into the box, he repeatedly wet his fingertips with his tongue.  This is not just filthy lucre, it's filthy lucre that is now being forcibly manipulated on the deposit platform of a city bus.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2088 on: April 08, 2020, 10:39:41 PM »
California:  "All your PPE are belong to us":

https://patch.com/california/losgatos/coronavirus-santa-clara-county-orders-ppe-inventory-reporting

From the article:

Reporting residents and businesses will not be required to donate their supplies of personal protective equipment, but county officials encourage them to do so via the Valley Medical Center Foundation.

Translation: Residents will not be required to donate their PPE because the County will take it off their hands with no further effort required on the part of the [soon-to-be former] owners.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2089 on: April 09, 2020, 08:38:27 AM »
Turns out doctors Fauci and Birx are both big time Clinton supporters.

Just a data point that may or may not mean anything.

I report, you decide.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2090 on: April 09, 2020, 08:46:11 AM »
Just a reminder of past pronouncements from your friendly neighborhood international health organization. 

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1217043229427761152
World Health Organization (WHO)
@WHO
Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #ChinaFlag of China. 5:18 AM · Jan 14, 2020

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1215801616659599360
@WHO
WHO advises against the application of any travel or trade restrictions on #China based on the information currently available http://bit.ly/2sgvOZK 7:04 PM · Jan 10, 2020
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2091 on: April 09, 2020, 09:29:50 AM »
California:  "All your PPE are belong to us":

https://patch.com/california/losgatos/coronavirus-santa-clara-county-orders-ppe-inventory-reporting

"Reporting residents and businesses will not be required to donate their supplies of personal protective equipment, but county officials encourage them to do so..."

Yeah, sure.  And if not enough residents donate PPE, men with guns will eventually come to confiscate it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2092 on: April 09, 2020, 09:30:46 AM »
Niall Ferguson's latest column (paywall) notes that on Jan. 23 the Chinese cut off Hubei province from the rest of China -- but they didn't cut it off from the rest of the world. Direct flights out continued. Trump's travel restrictions kicked in only a week later.

https://twitter.com/Doranimated/status/1247494875894951936

Interesting if true.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2093 on: April 09, 2020, 09:33:15 AM »

@WHO
Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #ChinaFlag of China. 5:18 AM · Jan 14, 2020

Obviously if Hillary was president stuff like this wouldn't happen seems to be the MSM spin on this
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2094 on: April 09, 2020, 09:43:50 AM »
Oh, just for the record?

My response to the WHO's "no human-to-human transmission" message?

BULLSHIT.

Pretty sure that's exactly what I said.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2095 on: April 09, 2020, 09:54:01 AM »
And now a word from Pope Greta

Pope Francis likened the coronavirus pandemic to recent fires and floods as one of “nature’s responses” to the world’s ambivalence to climate change.
https://www.foxnews.com/world/pope-coronavirus-natures-response-climate-change
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2096 on: April 09, 2020, 10:25:52 AM »

Half-assed Catholic here. Since viruses like this don't like warm and humid air, isn't global warming part of God's response to protect us from the plagues of the devil?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2097 on: April 09, 2020, 10:44:12 AM »
Half-assed Catholic here. Since viruses like this don't like warm and humid air, isn't global warming part of God's response to protect us from the plagues of the devil?

Actually a warmer damper environment would be better for human pathogen survivability outside a host. Winters are bad for us since our bodies are already stressed with keeping warm.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2098 on: April 09, 2020, 10:53:59 AM »

The current pope is an embarrassment to Christianity ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2099 on: April 09, 2020, 10:57:05 AM »
A guy I know went HARD CORE Catholic some years ago. Fully drank all of the kool-aide... Kept wearing his wedding ring because, even though his wife divorced him, the Pope told him he was still married, and so forth and so on.

Good guy, but... was out there.

That started to change when Frank became pope. Not sure where he stands now, but I'm pretty sure his putting more and more distance between himself and the Church because of the new Pope's heresies.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.