Author Topic: Freddy Gray, the fellow that they are destroying Baltimore for: His Rap Sheet  (Read 29747 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Just running from the cops in a high crime area is probable cause  for the stop according to the Supreme Court. Finding the knife is incidental to that stop

Minor correction:  Reasonable articulable suspicion (enough for a Terry stop), not probable cause.
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
From the little I have heard, the charges against the cops appear to be overreaching by quite a bit.  The prosecutor's husband is a city councilman.  It is highly likely the charges are what they are due to politics of one kind or another. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
From the little I have heard, the charges against the cops appear to be overreaching by quite a bit.  The prosecutor's husband is a city councilman.  It is highly likely the charges are what they are due to politics of one kind or another.  
The charges certainly seem excessive, but there's lots of speculation about the reasons for it:

She's playing politics to help her husband who's part of the local Baltimore leadership

She's trying to inflame the mob

She's trying to mollify the mob

She has political connections to the Gray family or their attorney

She wants her 15 minutes of fame

She wants to launch a wider political career

She's just plain incompetent

She's trying to get the case moved out of town so she doesn't get burned if it fails

She's wants a judge to reduce the charges rather than take the blame for doing it herself

She's under political pressure from the Baltimore mayor, or her husband, or the Justice Brothers, or Washington DC, or the media, etc

brimic

• friends
The charges certainly seem excessive, but there's lots of speculation about the reasons for it:

She's playing politics to help her husband who's part of the local Baltimore leadership

She's trying to inflame the mob

She's trying to mollify the mob

She has political connections to the Gray family or their attorney

She wants her 15 minutes of fame

She wants to launch a wider political career

She's just plain incompetent

She's trying to get the case moved out of town so she doesn't get burned if it fails

She's wants a judge to reduce the charges rather than take the blame for doing it herself

She's under political pressure from the Baltimore mayor, or her husband, or the Justice Brothers, or Washington DC, or the media, etc

All of the above, most likely, plus: She's an idiot.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
All of the above, most likely, plus: She's an idiot.

I doubt that; she does seem to form a few complete sentences, which would imply that she's at least an imbecile.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
I doubt that; she does seem to form a few complete sentences, which would imply that she's at least an imbecile.

Yep. Let's jaw jack about an idiot DA (no argument there) and not try to figure out how someone's spine was broke.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Crazy as it sounds i am wondering if he did hurt himself looking for a new check. This is a guy who was hard up enough for cash he was gonna give peachtree 180 k in exchange for 18 k.
Both are incredibly stupid moves but freddy was no genius nor was he a rookie at playing the game. He faked his hurt leg pretty convincingly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
Crazy as it sounds i am wondering if he did hurt himself looking for a new check. This is a guy who was hard up enough for cash he was gonna give peachtree 180 k in exchange for 18 k.
Both are incredibly stupid moves but freddy was no genius nor was he a rookie at playing the game. He faked his hurt leg pretty convincingly

That is a possibility. But with BPDs history, I just don't believe the "I broke my own spine" argument.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Yep. Let's jaw jack about an idiot DA (no argument there) and not try to figure out how someone's spine was broke.
Got any evidence on how that broken spine might've happened?  Nobody else does.  The locals rushed the investigation, then declined to publish their findings.  The media hasn't turned up anything solid, and we couldn't trust them even if they had.  The prosecutor's been silent on how Freddie got his injury.

Wouldn't you figure if something really damning had turned up in the investigation, a smoking gun, that the prosecutor or the mayor or some reporter would have made it public?  It ain't like these guys have any love for those six cops.  Does it mean anything that even the corrupt and overzealous prosecutor isn't claiming that the police broke Freddie's neck?

Freddie injuring himself seems unlikely, but it might actually be the least unlikely of all the possibilities.

I don't know.  It doesn't add up.

• friends
That is a possibility. But with BPDs history, I just don't believe the "I broke my own spine" argument.

I originally thought it was a rough ride.
I am not so sure now.

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends

Abraham Lincoln

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friends
This lady has some points
http://theroottv.theroot.com/video/Fmr-Deputy-Baltimore-State-s-At;news-playlist

• friends

• friends

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
So, what is the latest?

Does this look like a case of BPD treating Gray like a King?  Or is it more like hte beginning stages of Narrative Collapse like Zimmerman, Ferguson, Tawana Brawley, etc?

These days, I have zero problem believing the worst of LEOs and the worst of the race hustlers.  Where is my asteroid?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Seems this story about the charges being unsupported by the evidence has some legs.  It's still going around.

Saw this today:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/07/us-usa-police-baltimore-idUSKBN0NS1XP20150507
Lawyers for two officers have challenged a key part of Mosby's case, that a knife found on Gray was legal in Maryland and thus officers did not have a right to arrest him. The police investigation found that the knife was illegal under the city code.
So Mosby said the knife was legal under Maryland law, and the cops say it's illegal under Baltimore law.

Did Mosby step on her johnson by basing her charges on an illegal arrest without even knowing what law the arrest was made under?

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Well, she is the State's Attorney.

Amonng many other things she is.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
I thought 'state's attorney' was just another term for 'prosecutor'.  And that Marilyn Mosby is the state's attorney for the City of Baltimore, i.e. she's Baltimore's prosecutor.

???

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
I thought 'state's attorney' was just another term for 'prosecutor'.  And that Marilyn Mosby is the state's attorney for the City of Baltimore, i.e. she's Baltimore's prosecutor.

???

It's a technicality.  "Did __ against the peace and dignity of the State of Maryland" as oposed to the "against the peace and dignity of the City of Baltimore".  Wade through thje charging documents - not a single violation of a city ordinance in there,

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/local/charging-documents-filed-against-baltimore-police-officers/1534/

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

• friends
Her speech, BEFORE the investigation was complete and before the medical examiners report give one cause to wonder if she's just playing politics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• friends

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
So, Prince did a rally in Baltimore today. Marylin Mosby and her husband were brought out on stage with him. Kinda diverts further away from that whole "impartiality" thing.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Any new newsworthy news on this news story?

http://news.investors.com/Blogs-Capital-Hill/052015-753642-ferguson-protesters-complain-about-not-getting-paid.htm

I just saw this amusing story.  Don't know if it's true or not, but it makes me smile all the same.  Apparently many of the Baltimore protestors are one and the same with many of the Ferguson protestors, i.e. they're a professionals who get bussed in wherever a riot is needed.  Except they're unhappy because they aren't getting paid enough.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
http://www.wbal.com/article/115153/2/mosby-responds-to-defense-motions-in-freddie-gray-case

After seeking as much press as possible, the prosecutor wants the judge to gag the defense.

Also, the knife being illegal doesn't matter because they arrested him before finding the knife, she says.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought