Author Topic: More Dick's Being Dicks  (Read 1520 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
More Dick's Being Dicks
« on: October 07, 2019, 08:06:20 PM »
Dick's supposedly destroyed $5 million worth of the ARs they had in inventory after their virtue signal.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/10/07/dicks-sporting-goods-claims-to-have-destroyed-5-million-worth-of-assault-rifles/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: More Dick's Being Dicks
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 08:20:32 PM »
I'm sure their stockholders will be happy ...
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 08:45:32 PM »
I bet they try to write them off as a loss on their taxes.
"It's good, though..."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 08:46:01 PM »
Virtue signaling bullshit. They surely returned them to their vendors. Personally I’m strongly doubting they had anything close to 5 mil worth of ARs in inventory

And remember most everybody in retail operates on JIT inventory practices which makes a large amount in warehouses extremely unlikely.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 09:39:23 PM »
Virtue signaling bullshit. They surely returned them to their vendors. Personally I’m strongly doubting they had anything close to 5 mil worth of ARs in inventory

And remember most everybody in retail operates on JIT inventory practices which makes a large amount in warehouses extremely unlikely.

Yeah, the number seemed fishy to me. If they try to deduct it, maybe a resourceful person can call an IRS auditor.  >:D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 09:57:21 PM »
Lets guestimate...

$5,000,000 at estimated average retail value of $800 per AR-15 would be 6,250 rifles. Spread out over their 850 retail outlets nationwide that would be an average of less than 8 rifles per store.
So...maybe not that far off but I'd still bet that they didn't destroy them.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 11:07:55 PM »
An FOIA request to the BATFE for destroyed serial number reporting should be sufficient to verify the claim. If they didn't report them as destroyed then surely there is some Fed.gov regulation covering failure to notify.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2019, 03:07:25 PM »
https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2019/10/23/dicks-sporting-goods-ceo-presidential-run-055565?__twitter_impression=true
Dick’s Sporting Goods CEO quietly tests presidential bid
Ed Stack, the CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods and a longtime Republican donor, is testing the waters for a possible third-party presidential bid that could scramble the dynamics of the 2020 general election.

Off the top of my head, I think he would draw more Democrats than Republicans, but who knows.  Who would vote for an anti-gun moderate?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2019, 03:10:48 PM »
a possible third-party presidential bid that could scramble the dynamics of the 2020 general election.
I doubt he could make any noticeable difference.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2019, 03:14:55 PM »
I doubt he could make any noticeable difference.

Agree. I doubt he could even get more than a one percent of the votes. I'm always griping about Dicks and can't place the guy.  Most people simply don't know who he is. Someone like Bloomberg (yuck!) might make a difference as an independent. The CEO of a third rate store? Naw.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2019, 07:06:02 PM »
Third rate?
THIRD RATE?
Are you insane?

Fifth rate, maybe, on a really good day.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2019, 09:30:54 PM »
I like the fact that Donald Trump resurrected the notion that those outside the political class - even outside the Ivy League! - can become President.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2019, 05:51:53 PM »
The NSSF has commented that, depending on how Dick's "destroyed" the guns, they may have violated federal law in doing it. The NSSF included a link to an article discussing it:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/10/dicks-sporting-goods-destroy-guns.html
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design