Author Topic: PDF question  (Read 456 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
PDF question
« on: April 24, 2019, 09:28:57 PM »
If any of you are at all into 1911s, you probably know that there are a couple of versions of the blueprints for the M1911A1 pistol available on-line, and there have also been at least two companies offering printed versions of the complete blueprints for sale. BUT ... as far as I know, there have never been any blueprints for the smaller Officers ACP version of the 1911.

Some of the guys on the M1911.org forum have been working on producing a set of blueprints for the Officers ACP. The original plan was to offer the full set in a book format, reduced to fit on either 8-1/2 x 14 paper or 11 x 17 paper. But, these days it seems that everyone wants to download stuff, and be able to view it on their cell phone. The problem with selling a digital copy, of course, is that the owner sells one copy, and suddenly 25 million people have copies of that copy.

I've been asked about ways to prevent this from happening, and I don't have a clue. If we have any Acrobat gurus here, can you point me in the right direction?

As an aside, if you were a do-it-yourselfer looking for a set of plans, would you prefer the 8-1/2 x 14 format of the 11 x 17 format?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: PDF question
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 09:44:09 PM »
US Patent Office?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB