Author Topic: Rare Adolf Hitler photos  (Read 3757 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
Re: Rare Adolf Hitler photos
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 12:51:34 PM »

That they were.

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 12:54:50 PM »
I'm not sure I've ever seen Hitler in color. Very interesting indeed.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 01:15:36 PM »
So umm... can the thread be Godwinned if it is about Hitler?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 01:30:10 PM »
I'm not sure I've ever seen Hitler in color. Very interesting indeed.
I remember a few years back on UK TV and in the papers they were showing old footage that was using a special technique to 'colour in' monochrome images and movies as accurately as possible.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 01:33:56 PM »
http://shop.history.com/detail.php?p=69945

Using groundbreaking computer analysis and rare archival material, for the first time you can hear in his own words what Hitler said in private, intimate moments away from the podium.

* Uses audio from the only recording ever made of Hitler in private conversation.
    * Well-known Hitler scholars provide background and context for the material.
    * Astounding new technology actually reads Hitler's lips in silent home movies.

More than six decades after his reign of terror ended there seems to be nothing more we can learn about Adolf Hitler. Yet, incredibly, this revolutionary documentary from THE HISTORY CHANNEL® provides an utterly unique insight into the fearsome despot.

For the first time, viewers are able to hear what the Fuehrer was saying - in his own voice - in those familiar silent home movies that Eva Braun filmed at the Berghoff. With the amazing Automatic Lip Reading (ALR) technology, we learn what Hitler said while he relaxed in the Bavarian sun as the war raged. Then, using audio from a secret tape, Hitler's own voice is used to dub the movies, bringing the enigmatic images fully to life as never before.

Learn the astounding story of how the Berghoff footage languished for decades in US archives, and how it was finally discovered. Then learn the even more gripping tale of how a Finnish radio engineer taped the only unauthorized audio recording of Hitler ever made, capturing him in intimate private conversation. The tape was stacked in a garage until 1992! A convincing demonstration of the ALR technique demonstrates the accuracy of the analysis. And respected Hitler experts help complete this unique portrait

With this marriage of new forensic technology and the rarest archival material available, gain unmatched insight into the monstrous man by listening to THE PRIVATE VOICE OF HITLER.

Saw it on History once.  Extremely interesting, seriously creepy.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 01:44:32 PM »
I saw that show where they were adding words to silent movie films that were taken of Hitler in unstaged events and settings.

It WAS creepy as all hell.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

John G

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 03:55:56 PM »
The photo titled "A Nazi Christmas Party, 1941" looks mighty dour.   :|
I like spiedies and old guns

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 06:05:06 PM »
So umm... can the thread be Godwinned if it is about Hitler?

Its only Godwinned if he is compared to W or Barry in the thread.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 06:47:20 PM »
It's still unsettling to look at Hitler. He hardly looks the part of a murdering tyrant, much less the kind of man who could motivate others to do horrific things.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 06:43:13 AM »
It's still unsettling to look at Hitler. He hardly looks the part of a murdering tyrant, much less the kind of man who could motivate others to do horrific things.

Respectfully differing in opinion.

Perhaps in some still photos he may appear to be benign, but movies of him betray the irrationality and manipulative ability. 

The thing that always freaks me out is the content of his speeches - they are on the surface so vague and unspecific, except for the repetition that Germany-is-great and we-was-robbed (yes, greatly oversimplified - I have a point here).  In spite of that, everyone, and I do mean everyone, seems to understand the code and goes bonkers.

For a political speaker, Hitler rearely referred to himself in his speeches.  He assumed the mantle of the German people and let everyone else refer to Hitler the individual.  In a perverse way, given who we are talking about, it is refreshing when compared to the way current politicians make reference to themselves more often than they do the folks they are supposed to be serving.

Both Hitler and Mussolini studied public speaking, but only one of them seemed to have mastered the grand gestures.  I'm not sure if it was due to cultural differences or not, but Mussolini's smug "Look what I just said - I guess that told them" expression after making his point seems rediculous, while Hitler's rearranging of his hair after some wild exhortations seems to be the gesture of an actor coming out of character back to his own persona.

TOTUS knows how to string the words together, but has no idea of how to present himself as the deliverer of those words.  Imagine the horror there could be if we had a charismatic leader with charisma?

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 10:27:21 AM »

Adolf Hitler:
Vegetarian, animal-loving, caring boss - he was supposedly kind to his office staff, remembered birthdays and such.

Winston Churchill:
Grumpy SOB, rude to people (including his staff), kept a foul mothed Parrot.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 02:16:07 PM »
This one's kind of surreal, in one of those "I'm home, and guess what I did at work today?" kind of manners:

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 02:23:39 PM »
Adolf Hitler:
Vegetarian, animal-loving, caring boss - he was supposedly kind to his office staff, remembered birthdays and such.

Winston Churchill:
Grumpy SOB, rude to people (including his staff), kept a foul mothed Parrot.

And your point is?  I've worked for both, and personally I'd rather work for Winnie than Adolph.  Adolphs were always Mr. Wonderful till something went wrong, then did the Jekyll-Hyde thing, while Winstons were The Hulk 24/7.  If nothing else you could always count on them being predictable.

Also, you forgot that Adolph loved dogs.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 03:30:11 PM »
I've read "Hitler's Dinner Talk". It's a set of noted by an adjutant that was often present at Hitler's suppers. Apparently Hitler was actually pretty horrible in private.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 10:44:11 PM »
Adolphs were always Mr. Wonderful till something went wrong, then did the Jekyll-Hyde thing, while Winstons were The Hulk 24/7. 
Winston as the Hulk, now that's an interesting mental image.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 11:25:59 PM »
Perhaps in some still photos he may appear to be benign, but movies of him betray the irrationality and manipulative ability. 

I've listened to many of his speeches. When I could still speak German I could understand what he was saying. Yes, a very powerful speaker, but still didn't look as ominous as, say, Stalin.

Besides, anyone who's afraid to go faster than 35 mph has some issues aside from being a murdering megalomaniac.

mfree

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 03:03:56 PM »
Stuff like this is useful... necessary. It's a social and psychological profile. Tyrants may yet attempt to emerge again, but if we're paying attention we have more evidence now than in any other time in history of the behaviour and nature of those to watch out for.

Taking Hitler and crying "Demon!" and casting a role as a constant evil force only guarantees that in the future, there'll be another jilted artist who gets corrupted by societal bias and goes forth to lead a nation to exterminate those biased against. The man was human, in that he had an upbringing and a history, and a thought process, and surroundings, and all of that which can be attributed to others, but his are unique and to be learned as a warning tag.