Author Topic: World's Oldest man, Last Battle of Jutland Survivor, dies  (Read 682 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
World's Oldest man, Last Battle of Jutland Survivor, dies
« on: July 18, 2009, 12:08:02 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1200516/Goodbye-hero-World-War-I-veteran-worlds-oldest-man-dies-aged-113.html

What a fantastic and meaningful life this man had.  Living to see your great, great, great grand children.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: World's Oldest man, Last Battle of Jutland Survivor, dies
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 04:12:21 PM »
Among all the other things that should be respected about the great and wonderful man is his sense of purpose:
Mr Allingham once attributed his grand age to 'cigarettes, whisky and wild, wild women'.

From the article I learned that many of the honors he received throughout his life were not merely because he had outlived everybody else, but because he was of service to his country throughout his life.

Would that there would always be men and women like him.  Go peacefully, dear Sir.  Join your comerades who have been patiently waiting for you.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: World's Oldest man, Last Battle of Jutland Survivor, dies
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 05:57:16 PM »
Not many people live in three centuries.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.