Author Topic: Express Jet  (Read 636 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Express Jet
« on: June 21, 2007, 06:29:04 PM »
Anyone ever flown Express Jet?  How was it?
I will be traveling to Colorado Springs quite frequently for the next year or two, and Express Jet is the cheapest, direct to CO Springs. \

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Express Jet
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 07:46:24 PM »
Airplanes suck, but the worst of 'em is generally better than the best bus line. Suck it up, and deal with it.

Every fly MAC space available? Your duffle is your best buddy, and make sure you pack extra warm stuff and hearing protection, because you just don't know.

Wussies...

Blog under construction

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 01:10:05 AM »
I wasn't complaining, merely trying to get an opinion.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 10:33:04 AM »
Express Jet is formerly Continental Express, a regional carrier for Continental Airlines.  Continental did not renew Express's contract, so ExJet is the result.  They are trying to go solo, since they can't rely on Continental to feed them.

I have always had a good experience on Continental Express (CO-EX). They have a new name now, but that should be the only change.

Expect to fly on a 50 passenger regional jet, specifically an Embraer 145.  They may run a slightly larger or smaller jet on that route, I don't know.

The plane is a typical RJ, not lots of room, but better than walking.  Any carry-on luggage larger than briefcase will have to be gate-checked; i.e: if you have a roll-aboard size suitcase, you will leave that on the jetbridge before you board so that it can be stowed in the luggage bin.  Once you arrive in COS, you'll get it back when you deplane.

No TVs or XM radio or movies that I know about.  You'll probably get the usual free sodas and pretzels, though.  Bring your own food if you want something good.

HTH.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?