Author Topic: White House prepared to open U.S. air routes to Canada, Mexico  (Read 1451 times)

Desertdog

• friends
White House prepared to open U.S. air routes to Canada, Mexico
Chad Groening
OneNewsNow.com
http://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/06/white_house_prepared_to_open_u.php

An author and investigative journalist says the Bush administration is working on a plan that would essentially erase national borders for air carriers, perhaps paving the way for Mexican and Canadian airlines to compete with U.S. carriers for American domestic and international routes.

At an April meeting in Tucson, U.S. Transportation Secretary Mary Peters met with her Canadian and Mexican counterparts to discuss the initial "North American Transportation Trilateral." At the meeting, which went virtually unreported by the American mainstream media, Secretary Peters noted that agreements with the two countries -- a 2005 air services agreement with Mexico, and the Open Skies accord signed with Canada in March -- lift restrictions on continental travel, effectively providing for "free and open trans-border air travel."

Dr. Jerome Corsi says the agreements, which are part of President Bush's controversial Security and Prosperity Partnership, will throw open lucrative U.S. air routes. "So Mexicana can fly from Los Angeles to New York, or New York to Paris, or New York to Las Vegas -- anywhere they want to go inside the United States as if they were U.S. airline," he explains.

But Corsi has other concerns as well. He says in order to carry out the plan, the U.S. has already constructed five stations designed to give Canada and Mexico access to what is known as the Wide Area Augmentation System, which allows them to know the location of every U.S. aircraft -- military as well as commercial.

"Mexico and Canada can't run their airplanes into U.S. airspace without also knowing where our military airplanes are," Corsi notes. "So we've just given away the national security system secrets about military aircraft in order to permit Mexico to run Mexicana and other Mexican airplanes."

Corsi says a North American Open Skies agreement would virtually eliminate national boundaries as far as air carriers are concerned.

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: White House prepared to open U.S. air routes to Canada, Mexico
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 04:37:59 AM »
Cargo-dog airliner loaded with explosives at some Mexican airfield. Check.

Flown right into the Texas oil refinery ports or a skyscraper in any major city. Check.

Brilliant.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 05:39:47 AM »
A couple of years ago, people were making jokes about "Jorge Bush" getting his marching orders from south of the border.

With the zamnesty bill he's pushing and now this . . . people aren't laughing any more.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 05:46:47 AM »
Now I'm getting really dizzy ....

The last thing I heard was that starting in 2008 you will need a passport just to visit Canada and return to the USA.  Now, we have no borders.

Which is it Huh?
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 05:50:42 AM »
The passport is for Americans, all others can cross at will. [/sarcasm, I hope]

Chris

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 05:52:56 AM »
The passport is for Americans, all others can cross at will.

No tengo passport  laugh
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 10:00:00 AM »
I seriously doubt that they're giving away "military secrets". Mode 2 IFF is what I'm thinking they're referring to, and if that's the case, that has never been classified. There are far more dangerous "secrets" that have been compromised by past administrations and spies (John Walker and his ilk). I doubt some form of IFF is going to destroy our military aircraft.

However, I DO see the security issue brought up by:
Cargo-dog airliner loaded with explosives at some Mexican airfield. Check.

Flown right into the Texas oil refinery ports or a skyscraper in any major city. Check.

Brilliant.

Canada doesn't seem to bother me as much as Mexico, BUT, there are FAR more radical Islamics that roam freely about Canada. Hell,l I think we have more than enough of them right here in the good ol' US of A
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 10:46:28 AM »
The thing about cargo airliners as weapons, IMO, is that they don't even need to wander off their flight path and do something suspicious.

Imagine if one came into, say, Houston Int'l, Atlanta Int'l or whatever, came in on its final approach normally...and then at the last second, veered off and plowed into the terminal along the tarmac, cartwheeling in a fireball all along the parked airliners loading and unloading, the fuel trucks, the terminal itself...

Even crashing into the nose-to-tail line of airliners waiting beyond the runway threshold for clearance at peak traffic times would kill thousands of people.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 05:17:07 PM »

shocked

reminds me of

But it IS NOT SATIRE!