Author Topic: "Stimulus" = $278,000 per job  (Read 2391 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
"Stimulus" = $278,000 per job
« on: July 05, 2011, 02:59:23 PM »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-s-economists-stimulus-has-cost-278000-job_576014.html

Obama/Dem recovery plan:
1. Create $666 billion dollars of new debt for taxpayers
2. Spend it on weasely middle management government peons in Dem constituencies
3. ???
4. Profit

Obama's own analysts are saying the stimulus is leaving us worse off than no stimulus at all.

Maybe Obama should go play more golf.  That way, he's putting money into a private enterprise (the golf course), and not effing up the entire country by giving encouragement and assistance to more hare-brained schemes to compel us into prosperity.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: "Stimulus" = $278,000 per job
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 12:05:38 AM »
Maybe Obama should go play more golf.  That way, he's putting money into a private enterprise (the golf course),

You don't actually think he pays for his golf outings do you?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

henschman

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 01:48:02 AM »
I think Obama is thinking small potatoes.  I think with a large enough stimulus program, it would be possible to reach 0% unemployment in this country.  Print up a few trillion dollars and pay all unemployed people a six-figure income to dig holes and fill them back up.  Just think what a booming economy we would have with 0% unemployment. 

Productivity?  WTF is that?  People need jobs and income so they will be happy and vote statist.  Then when the money we are paying them ends up being worthless, we can blame it on the "free market" boogeyman and justify another round of regulation. 
“Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual.”
-- Thomas Jefferson

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 03:43:42 PM »

You don't actually think he pays for his golf outings do you?

Obviously, we pay for it, but golfing would still be cheaper than him working.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 10:52:36 PM »
I've wondered if the Prez (any president, not just this one) actually carries greenbacks and pays for his green fees, his glad-handing cup of coffee or ice cream cone, and so on.

To my way of thinking, the Prez and his family should at least pay for their groceries and such when eating, unless the meal is a State function.  I understand the security concerns that prohibit the 1st lady from grocery shopping or the kitchen being left unattended (and a 1st rate trustworthy chef being a necessity)... but the Prez doesn't pay for the roof over his head already... seems he should be paying for the 1st family's groceries out of his salary.

And his green fees when golfing.

Or when Bush II would go mountain biking, he should pay any land access fees associated with that.  In AZ, for example, we have a permit system for access to "State Trust Land." 

Or when Obama took Michelle out on "Date Night" to New York a year or so back,  he should have paid the check himself.  Heck, he should have paid the air fare in AF1, the 100+ secret service detail, the gas for the presidential limo and other associated costs for that night since it served no State function.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 07:25:43 AM »
I've always thought that ex-POTUS's should be on a payment plan to reimburse the gov't for all the non-POTUS travel that they do during their terms....knowing that one would have to repay these things post-term from their speaking fees and lobbying might slow some of that down....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 10:47:50 AM »
Quote from: AZRedhawk44
Or when Bush II would go mountain biking, he should pay any land access fees associated with that.  In AZ, for example, we have a permit system for access to "State Trust Land."

FWIW, here on the East Coast there are very few access fees for various trails.  I know he spent some time on the Quantico trails and those are open to the public without fee.  None of the others I've ridden in the NoVA/MD/DC area have fees that I'm aware of either.

Chris

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 11:55:22 AM »
I've always thought that ex-POTUS's should be on a payment plan to reimburse the gov't for all the non-POTUS travel that they do during their terms....knowing that one would have to repay these things post-term from their speaking fees and lobbying might slow some of that down....
The job is one that doesn't pay a huge salary, but has a LOT of perks.  I have no problem with that.  Should there be a "spending limit" of some sort?  That we can talk about.

Honestly, Obama's personal expenses are a drop in the bucket compared to all the other BS spending he and his party implemented.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 08:11:15 PM »
FWIW, here on the East Coast there are very few access fees for various trails.  I know he spent some time on the Quantico trails and those are open to the public without fee.  None of the others I've ridden in the NoVA/MD/DC area have fees that I'm aware of either.

For that matter, he spends a lot of time on his private trails at the Crawford ranch.  I'm sure the secret service appreciates that a lot.