Author Topic: Who's making holsters?  (Read 1577 times)

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
Who's making holsters?
« on: May 17, 2010, 04:25:56 AM »
Who's making holsters?

Had an idea, thinking about an OWB holster for my Mustang.  With the top retention screw removed it just fits in my Galco double 45 single stack mag pouch, it's just a hair too thin for the gun, though would probably work just fine with the other micro-.380's.

This pouch snaps on and off the belt for easy removal.  The lower retention screw holds the gun in well and the trigger is covered.  I'm thinking the same thing, just a bit wider, with a removable insert to fill the space next to the muzzle/below the trigger guard (this would make it ambidextrous just by switching sides).

It would just need a slightly higher back to shield the gun from your shirt and maybe a bit firmer flaps to make it a bit more rigid.  If the cover garment rides up it is just another pouch.  I was thinking I'd wear it on my left side behind my actual 45 mag pouch for a "two is one".

Picture is hotlinked.  I can take a pic of what I was playing with.

"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

PTK

• friends
Re: Who's making holsters?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 04:27:49 AM »
Me! :D

I've made a bunch of holsters and rigs that I otherwise couldn't buy quickly at all. Holsters for my NFA stuff, and even a shoulder harness/rig for my 12" barreled 870 so that I can carry it slung under a coat with my G17 on the offside. :)
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 09:09:07 AM »
I need to find out who is making holsters also.  I emailed Galco about a holster for my 5" S&W 625 JM and they told me they don't make one for it.  That surprised me a bit.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 09:26:24 AM »

I will be shortly.  Nick is currently fab'ing me a kydex press, made from lovely quarter inch plate.  I do some leatherwork, but not an insane amount.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 04:01:50 PM »
I need to find out who is making holsters also.  I emailed Galco about a holster for my 5" S&W 625 JM and they told me they don't make one for it.  That surprised me a bit.
I think Kramer would gladly make one for it. I believe they already make a holster for the 625, under 5", but you can ask them to make it longer. $140 maybe?

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 05:42:05 PM »
What kind of holster are you looking for for the 625?  There are quite a few options out there for the N-frames.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 06:47:47 PM »
http://www.adamsholsters.com/

I've heard good things from a few people, and a friend has one.

mgdavis

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 09:25:16 PM »
http://monicakuehnleather.blogspot.com/

This is Shorts, off THR and a few other places. I have one of her earlier holsters, and am pleased with it. The more recent ones look like they have been refined even further.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 09:35:26 PM »
if i ever get around to getting a permit and pistol, i am planing on ordering a holster from these guys.

probably this one.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 11:43:15 PM »
I've got an order in with C5Leather. I'll let ya'll know about it when it gets here. They have some of the shorter lead times among the semi-custom makers, and they'll do custom work. I've got their Montana holster and their double OWB mag pouch for my M&P and mags on order.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 02:06:02 AM »
if i ever get around to getting a permit and pistol, i am planing on ordering a holster from these guys.

probably this one.

Just got an IWB for my 1911/Cmdr (trying to consolidate).  Looks and fits/feels nice.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 04:07:48 AM »

probably this one.

I've been thinking about getting one of those, too.  I've had a sky high for a long time, but I usually wear it under a coat or where I don't need to conceal.
For entertainment purposes only.