Author Topic: Who's Don Imus, anyway?  (Read 5427 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Who's Don Imus, anyway?
« on: April 10, 2007, 07:05:24 AM »
Have you ever listened to him?

Do you know anyone who listens to him? 

I haven't and don't.

And is "nappy" a racial slur?  I thought it was a hair-care issue. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Re: Who's Don Imus, anyway?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 07:09:32 AM »
Don't listen, don't care.
This is all happening because those girls are black, and Sharpton and Jackson are racist attention whores.  Hopefully at least one girl on the team has the stones to stand up and say "look, Don Imus is a nobody, and I'm a grown woman.  I'm not going to cry about this, can we please just move on?"

TexasRifleman

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 07:13:42 AM »
Hopefully at least one girl on the team has the stones to stand up and say "look, Don Imus is a nobody, and I'm a grown woman.  I'm not going to cry about this, can we please just move on?"

Too late.  Sharpton and Jackson got to them already.  They just gave a news conference and you can guess how that went.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 07:20:19 AM »
"...the locks, the dreds, the nappy heads..."

Can't remember which album, or which song.  Time to try out the CD player in the new pick-up.    cheesy

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 07:34:00 AM »
He's a rather frighteningly dessicated radio loudmouth who thinks he's a cowboy.

I think he was freeze-dried in the 70's or something, yet persists in ambulation and vocalization. Basically all wrinkles, a mullet, and lots of bloviation and babbling.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 07:35:12 AM »
But of course, if a black radio host had made comments about whites, nothing would be said.

I know of one such radio host, a convicted felon, who calls himself "Ryan B.". He spews racist bullsh*t about whites and the blacks who work with them. He is finally getting sued by those he slandered, and something like 7 lawsuits have been filed against him, so their is some justice. But it is little comfort knowing that he is still on the air, while a white host who said things similar to what he said would have been jerked from the air faster than you can holler "Racism!".

I don't listen to Imus, and I can't get his show anyway. I'd rather listen to Neal Boortz.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

armchair warrior

• friends
  • QuickDraw on THR
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 07:40:17 AM »
Is he still on the air??
Big todo about nuthin"

meinbruder

• friends
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 07:50:35 AM »
He's a rather frighteningly dessicated radio loudmouth who thinks he's a cowboy.

I think he was freeze-dried in the 70's or something, yet persists in ambulation and vocalization. Basically all wrinkles, a mullet, and lots of bloviation and babbling.

Excellent description.  He's also one of the NYC hoi polloi; a radio personality that caters to the lowest side of human nature and his stock in trade is insulting everyone.  It's about time he got a comeuppance!  As a side note, he is one of the few NYC elite to have a CHL and claims to support RKBA; not that includes the unwashed masses of Gotham City.  P!$$ off enough people and one really needs a CHL.  I understand hes one a satellite station, his show is considered too vulgar for broadcast radio; but then, thats just my opinion.
}:)>
Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.....

Da bianhua
}:)>

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 07:51:04 AM »
Never heard of the guy until this flap.  And he is one to talk about hair.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 08:05:02 AM »
Jesse Jackson is in on this?

I guess he had to go back to Hymietown...

Hypocritical racist bastard.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 08:18:27 AM »
And is "nappy" a racial slur?  I thought it was a hair-care issue.

Really?  I though it was a handy term for Sodium Phosphate solutions.

Sodium Phosphate with Sodium Chloride = NaPi-NaCl = Nappy-Nackle  grin

With Sharpton and Jackson in the mix, you KNOW its a circus.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

03Shadowbob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 08:29:20 AM »
Man, I knew the "Revs" were gonna jump all over this. It's another avenue for them to push their agenda. You know if I was black, I would really want to push for better representatives of my race. I would bet that there is very little respect given to these 2 circus clowns from the other races. That's not good since if people do not respect you or your representatives then noone will really listen to what you have to say, except for NBC and CBS  rolleyes

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 09:35:03 AM »
I bet he's got an assistant that takes care of putting just the right amount of "authentic" dust on his hat.

What a clown.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 10:33:59 AM »
Don Imus was a Marine. He leans pretty far left. I used to listen to him early in the morning when I couldn't sleep. He put me right back asleep. He does do some good for children. He has a ranch in New Mexico that takes care of children with cancer. He's on MSNBC in the early morning and apparently on a radio simulcast.

This link is pretty enlightening: http://www.answers.com/topic/don-imus
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

grampster

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 01:24:57 PM »
There was a lady on Rush's show today.  She made one of the most powerful statements I've ever heard regarding distasteful comments and the effect or non effect they have.  She said, while using her daughter as an example, that "my daughters joy cannot be taken away by what comes out of Don Imus' mouth."

Reminded me of the old ditty when I was a kid.  "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."  Most folks who, imho, are "offended" by other people's remarks are not very secure in themselves and are or promote professional victimhood, who more than likely have an agenda to create misery for others in order to aggrandize themselves.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 01:49:46 PM »
Imus stopped being funny & interesting after he quit snorting coke and took up vegetarianism.  If Rush's talent is on loan from God, Don's was on loan from the Columbian drug cartels and the beef lobby.  That loan has been called in.

As to the current kerfluffle, I am reflexively on the side of whomever Jesse "Hymietown" Jackson and Al "Tawana" Sharpton are against.

But, I don't think it fair to the female basketball players to lump them in with Al & Jesse.  So, Imus owes them an apology for tacky remarks.  What he doesn't owe (anyone) is a "Don Imus Apology Tour."

I will share the indignation of the professionally aggrieved race whores (Jesse, Al, & such) when their particular subculture polices its own with the same vigor it polices the speech of others.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 01:50:43 PM »
He's an ass, but it's a free country.  

The second you add the name "Sharpton" or "Jackson"  to any pseudo-controversy,  It should instantly loose all credibility and be dismissed as the race baiting BS it is.

don't remember who said it, but Imus is this weeks anna-nicole

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 05:25:50 PM »
I was disappointed. It's high time somebody stood up to Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. But despite his big insult-comic act, Imus is evidently a coward.

Evil Monkey

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 05:37:13 PM »
Imus did nothing wrong. NOTHING.

Why is he getting grilled and this guy isn't?
http://www.break.com/index/double_standard.html

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 05:56:06 PM »
Imus is a pal of Kinky Friedman.  That makes him OK in my book.  I remember vaguely hearing about him in NY in the 1970s.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 06:52:48 PM »
the professionally aggrieved race whores (Jesse, Al, & such)

That's professionally aggrieved, nappy-headed race whores, thank you very much. 

Rabbi, I knew basically who Imus was, but I have no idea who Kinky Friedman is.  Spill. 

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 07:02:23 PM »
Leader of Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys, author of "They aint making Jews like Jesus anymore" and "get your biscuits in the oven and your buns in the bed" and other hits.  Also author of a hit series of detective books.  Ran for gov of Texas last year.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 07:35:39 PM »
Funny.  So long as we're educating fistful, who's this Scoop Jackson everybody but me seems to know about? 

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 07:44:04 PM »
Funny.  So long as we're educating fistful, who's this Scoop Jackson everybody but me seems to know about? 

I was going to start explaining about Henry 'Scoop' Jackson, the Democratic senator from Washington for several decades, but I wonder if you are referring to the radio personality of the same name. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 08:11:37 PM »
I keep hearing about "Scoop Jackson" as an example of how the Democratic Party used to be more mainstream, which is to say conservative.  Probably just has to do with radio talkers being older than me.  Nevermind.   smiley