Author Topic: Why Scandanavian prisons are superior  (Read 15392 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Why Scandanavian prisons are superior
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2014, 09:59:09 AM »
You do realize that this is exactly what the Soviet labor camps did, and yet the professional class of "thieves in law" flourished?

Now, I'm not particularly familiar with the "thieves in law", but according to Wiki, one of their tenets was to "refuse all work" while in the prisons.

That doesn't sound like forced hard labor to me.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2014, 11:56:02 AM »
Now, I'm not particularly familiar with the "thieves in law", but according to Wiki, one of their tenets was to "refuse all work" while in the prisons.

That doesn't sound like forced hard labor to me.

You think Soviet prisons were not sufficiently forceful? Seriously?
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2014, 12:02:03 PM »
It does illustrate who us really in control inside. And how difficult it is for normal folks to understand

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I