Author Topic: Why people are leaving California (Seattle)  (Read 698 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Why people are leaving California (Seattle)
« on: December 03, 2017, 06:23:47 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-lopez-vegas-transplants-20171203-story.html

Although the focus on this article is southern California and the Bay Area, you could substitute the word 'Seattle area' for the California locations, and you would hear similar stories up here regarding moving out.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Why people are leaving California (Seattle)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 07:37:28 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-lopez-vegas-transplants-20171203-story.html

Although the focus on this article is southern California and the Bay Area, you could substitute the word 'Seattle area' for the California locations, and you would hear similar stories up here regarding moving out.

Thirty years ago, when I visited my uncle and a cousin who both lived outside Seattle, the complaint was that all the people moving up from California were driving up the prices and ruining the culture.

It appears they succeeded in transplanting California, and now they want to escape what they created. You'd think they'd learn ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dm1333

• friend
Re: Why people are leaving California (Seattle)
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 07:54:04 PM »
Moving to get a better job or move up the workplace chain is nothing new. But what’s going on here seems different — people leaving not for better jobs or pay, but because housing elsewhere is so much cheaper they can live the middle-class life that eludes them in California.

This isn't new or different.  At some point in 2006 I saw a news story where a realtor claimed there was no housing bubble in CA.  We all know how that worked out.