Author Topic: Thad Cochran paid Democrats to vote in his primary  (Read 1449 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Thad Cochran paid Democrats to vote in his primary
« on: July 01, 2014, 11:54:58 AM »
Proving yet again that the Establishment cares more about keeping actual conservatives out of office than they do about beating Democrats.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/30/Democrat-Pastor-Accuses-Thad-Cochran-Campaign-Of-Vote-For-Pay-Scheme
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Thad Cochran paid Democrats to vote in his primary
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 12:01:31 PM »
Yeah, that is definitely one case where I would rather refrain from casting a vote in that race and let the Dem win.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 02:28:14 PM »
If this story fleshed out it will leave a mark. If it turns out not to McDaniel will be through for good.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 02:40:54 PM »
Just the fact that Cochran race-baited and slimed his opponent and the Tea Party folks is enough to consider him bad rubbish.

Let his newfound friends elect him.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re:
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 06:06:24 PM »
If this story fleshed out it will leave a mark. If it turns out not to McDaniel will be through for good.

What am I missing? How does this hang McDaniel, in any way?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 06:09:23 PM »
Good article from the Daily Caller:
http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/01/allegations-of-vote-buying-in-mississippi/

They make the interesting observation at the end that McDaniel's supporters are going all-in to overturn Cochran's win.  There's no real evidence yet on the vote buying allegations, we'll have to wait and see on that.  But it's an interesting situation.  If it's true Cochran is done, and if it's false McDaniel is done.  Hard to see an outcome where both participants survive.  Usually a losing candidate tries to play nice and live to fight another day, but there won't be any nother days for whoever loses this one.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 06:15:22 PM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 11:33:37 PM »
Add in McDaniel's interesting campaign anomalies and he's toast if this proves untrue.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 08:59:39 AM »
I doubt Cochran himself had anything to do with irregularities.  If what I read is accurate, he is in early stages of Alzheimers and was really saying stupid stuff like some comments about having a little "fun" with farm animals.  The RINO Establishment wants him re elected because he can be counted upon to have someone hold his hand and mark his X in support of whatever the RINO Establishment wants.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 10:00:08 AM »
Saw part of Hannity's show last night and someone asserted that a group tied up with Haley Barbour was behind at least one race-baiting ad, and someone else made an allegation that at least 2500 ineligible votes were cast by people who'd previously voted in the Democrat primary. Don't know if PROOF of these allegations - and that's what they seem to be right now, allegations - will surface or not.

We'll see if this story has legs or if it gets swept under the rug, as I suspect both Dem and GOP establishment types want it to go away . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re:
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 10:09:05 AM »
The Dems and lib media will be all over Cochran if the vote buying is thing is true.  There will be no rug-seeeping here.