Author Topic: Jack Reacher 2  (Read 6459 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Jack Reacher 2
« on: June 26, 2016, 11:37:53 PM »
I didn't see the first Jack Reacher film, but I've seen a couple of clips on Youtube. Does anyone thing the sequel might be worth watching?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: Jack Reacher 2
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 06:46:27 AM »
The first one was entertaining.  I'd watch the 2nd as a rental or on Netflix.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 07:18:30 AM »
Wasn't that entranced with the first one.

It had some interesting moments, and Sandy was quite the dish, but otherwise...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 07:46:29 AM »
I really liked the first one. Can't wait to see the second. :)
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 08:15:59 AM »
The books are *expletive deleted*it, full of bad gun writing and plot holes.  I choked down like 7 of them before I gave up on them getting better.
The movie was entertaining though, and I'd watch a sequel when it hits on demand cable.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 08:29:13 AM »
"I choked down like 7 of them..."

PHRASING!

And isolated for later use!

:rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 09:22:28 AM »
"I choked down like 7 of them..."

PHRASING!

And isolated for later use!

:rofl:

"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 10:11:28 AM »
I liked the first one. Will definitely check out the second.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 10:32:56 AM »
I also liked the first one - until he started driving the girl's car backward. It went downhill from that point.

Overall, still liked it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 11:12:54 AM »
Who's playing Jack this time?.....Danny Devito?
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 11:21:29 AM »
Tyrion Lannister
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re:
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 11:26:14 AM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 11:33:52 AM »
I think I have read 4 or 5 Reacher books now.  I made the mistake of buying several of them after liking the first one or two.  The last couple books have had too many little things that ticked me off.  Also, Reacher was supposed to be a confident guy with good training, but he comes off as a selfish A-hole in last book or two. 

On one of them he talks about Steyr handguns being preferred by special operators or something.  Have any of you ever heard of that?  I don't remember ever hearing anything about their handguns at all.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 08:03:23 PM »
The books are okay of you're a "put your brain in neutral and enjoy" type reader. If you're an analytical reader, especially one versed in firearms or the military, you'll likely find them rife with inaccuracies. To each his own.

I liked the first movie much more than I expected. Tom Cruise isn't the physical manifestation of Reacher from the books but darn if he doesn't pull off the character pretty well. I'll see this movie for sure.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 10:25:07 PM »
The books are okay of you're a "put your brain in neutral and enjoy" type reader. If you're an analytical reader, especially one versed in firearms or the military, you'll likely find them rife with inaccuracies. To each his own.

I liked the first movie much more than I expected. Tom Cruise isn't the physical manifestation of Reacher from the books but darn if he doesn't pull off the character pretty well. I'll see this movie for sure.

Brad

This entirely describes my experience having read part of one Lee Childs novel and seeing "Jack Reacher" a couple of times.  Definitely liked the movie enough to watch it more than once.
*watches trailer*

Yeah, I'm going to see it.  Question, how does Cobie Smulders (Robin from "How I Met Your Mother") keep getting cast in high intensity action moives?

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 09:58:20 AM »
First movie was an exercise in suspension of disbelief. I'll watch the second once its streaming.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 10:12:03 AM »
I've read all the Reacher books except the last one.  They went downhill as they went along.  A friend who likes to read the same stuff as me advised against buying the last book as it really sucked. 

Movies are entertaining when you have the ability to suspend belief.  Action movies shouldn't have a point, just a lot of action.  I thought Cruise was a horrible pick for Reacher in the first movie.  I was pleasantly surprised that he was able to pull it off and the movie was entertaining.  I'll watch the 2nd one when I can get it on Pay for View.  We've got a large screen plasma TV and a Sony sound system on it, so it's a lot like going to the movies without the $10.00 box of popcorn and the $15.00 admission.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 07:56:20 PM »
First movie was an exercise in suspension of disbelief. I'll watch the second once its streaming.

What makes you say that?  Not disagreeing.  Just curious what your reasons are.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 09:04:43 AM »

Aren't most movies?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 09:57:53 AM »
Aren't most movies?

Absolutely not! Deadpool was a true-to-form slice of life!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 12:07:10 PM »
Absolutely not! Deadpool was a true-to-form slice of life!

I want that life! :D :D :D

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 02:04:07 PM »
BAD, Mtnbkr!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2016, 03:39:34 PM »
I want that life! :D :D :D

Chris
First you have to be tortured for several days straight while making jokes at the expense of your torturers.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2016, 05:39:43 PM »
First you have to be tortured for several days straight while making jokes at the expense of your torturers.

I'm married and have two young daughters.  Good enough?

Chris

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2016, 10:53:31 PM »
And then you have to wear skintight red leather....and I don't think anyone here (other than Mike Irwin) is ready for that.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.