Author Topic: SR-72 aircraft spotted?  (Read 1159 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
SR-72 aircraft spotted?
« on: October 13, 2017, 03:06:04 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-how-the-sr-71-blackbirds-ultra-secret-successor-may-be-used-2017-10

Has the successor to the SR-71 emerged?  And I am still dying to know what is up with the X-37B.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: SR-72 aircraft spotted?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 03:31:21 PM »
Many, many moons ago when I lived in AZ and was a member of the CAF, we were flying Sentimental Journey to California on the first two weeks of our Summer Tour with the aircraft.  We were flying near Palmdale and their ATC called and asked us to make a low pass down the field.
There eight or ten mothballed SR-71s and A-12s parked on the field, all done up in white cocoon material.  A weird and sad sight.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 06:02:51 PM »
Aurora is the term you need to search for. There have been many sightings of what looks like a hypersonic craft with a unique vapor trail.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 12:57:10 AM »
Aurora is the term you need to search for. There have been many sightings of what looks like a hypersonic craft with a unique vapor chem trail.

FTFY.   [tinfoil]
Formerly sumpnz

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 12:56:09 PM »
We were flying near Palmdale and their ATC called and asked us to make a low pass down the field.
There eight or ten mothballed SR-71s and A-12s parked on the field, all done up in white cocoon material.

We used to use Palmdale as one of our bounce fields in P3s, especially after Lockheed moved final assembly on P3s out there. Every now and them there would be an SR71 or U2 by one of the hangers and one time our aft observer decided to take some pictures. He was seen pointing the camera and we were told to pull off of the taxi way and then along came the Air Force police people. They wanted film from all of the cameras and even wanted the film from our nose camera. They got the aft observers film but we talked some sense into them and they left the nose camera film alone, if there was even any film in it. Not something we cared about on a bounce flight.

They were pretty serious about security on those planes back in the late 70's early 80s.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 01:43:19 PM »
We used to use Palmdale as one of our bounce fields in P3s, especially after Lockheed moved final assembly on P3s out there. Every now and them there would be an SR71 or U2 by one of the hangers and one time our aft observer decided to take some pictures. He was seen pointing the camera and we were told to pull off of the taxi way and then along came the Air Force police people. They wanted film from all of the cameras and even wanted the film from our nose camera. They got the aft observers film but we talked some sense into them and they left the nose camera film alone, if there was even any film in it. Not something we cared about on a bounce flight.

They were pretty serious about security on those planes back in the late 70's early 80s.

bob

Pshaw. You guys were just on the wrong side of the base.  =D

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."