Author Topic: Where's my Kosher Meal?  (Read 4609 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Where's my Kosher Meal?
« on: November 29, 2014, 09:58:19 AM »
Despite my somewhat flippant subject title, this really disgusts me. I believe we talked about this case here when it happened - a woman and her two daughters were raped and murdered and burned by this loser and his accomplice. Horrendous crime, and this jerk is complaining about his jail food.

Not to mention how ridiculous it is to worry about suicide watch for a guy on death row. This is one of those cases where there won't be any DNA evidence to come to his rescue. He absolutely committed the crime and he should be dead already.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/28/death-row-inmate-prison-food-complaint-rejected/?intcmp=latestnews
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Where's my Kosher Meal?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 11:28:22 AM »
This is not his first lawsuit against the department. In past litigation, none of which have been successful, Hayes has complained about his mental health care, harassment from prison staff and the temperature in his cell.

Any suggestions as to how to stop all this complaining?

He says he has suffered "almost two years of emotional injury from having to choose between following God and starving or choosing sin to survive."

Holy hot steaming horse patooties on a cold cobblestone pavement.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 11:45:23 AM »

Terry
yes. But it woukd be ban worthy for me to talk about it.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 12:02:04 PM »
It amazes me that the government is forced to bend over backwards to protect the rights of beings like this.  (I hereby declare a new species, Homo Criminalus, in order to get out the the grammatical construct that would otherwise compel me to refer to him and his ilk as "persons/people".)

The death penalty used to have some impact because it was swift, sure, and certain.  Between increasing the number of capital offenses (killing a police dog) and the time folks other than the condemned spend trying to commute the sentence it has lost most of its power.  (Please see Death Sentence Rant #175389-08A for the rest of this.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 12:20:29 PM »
Hayes said he hasn't eaten anything he considers to be nonkosher since Aug. 24 and now weighs less than 120 pounds. State prison documents show the 5-foot-7 Hayes weighed 170 pounds in 2007.

It's a start.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 01:04:34 PM »
Hayes said he hasn't eaten anything he considers to be nonkosher since Aug. 24 and now weighs less than 120 pounds. State prison documents show the 5-foot-7 Hayes weighed 170 pounds in 2007.

Being that skinny will just make it that much easier to start an IV when the time comes, if it ever does. I am betting he will slowly starve himself to death before the state takes any action.

bob

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 01:15:47 PM »
Being that skinny will just make it that much easier to start an IV when the time comes, if it ever does. I am betting he will slowly starve himself to death before the state takes any action.

bob

Can't happen.  Darn it!  =(

SCOTUS says if he will not take nutrition to the point he becomes comatose they have to put in a feeding tube so he does not die.  At some point they will have to bring him around so that he can appreciate the gravity of being killed.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 08:06:11 PM »
Yeah, I just love how this kinder, gentler, enlightened nation of pussies thing is working out...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 08:24:33 PM »

Holy hot steaming horse patooties on a cold cobblestone pavement.

Terry
.22LR, applied intracranially.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 09:07:21 PM »
They should just remove the suicide watch. He has already tried to off himself two or three times. I think they should just allow him to finish it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 09:52:33 PM »
They should just remove the suicide watch. He has already tried to off himself two or three times. I think they should just allow him to finish it.
Yes, install some convent loops in the ceiling and give him some rope and a specific class on knot tying. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 10:03:56 PM »
isn't it a little late for this guy to worry about sinning?

and they have been giving him kosher meals, with two different Rabbi's to advise.

Let the idiot starve.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 10:13:28 PM »
isn't it a little late for this guy to worry about sinning?

and they have been giving him kosher meals, with two different Rabbi's to advise.

Let the idiot starve.

An Old Testament kind of guy, he should review.  There's a phrase that comes up multiple times in the Pentatuch: "And so you shall  purge the evil from among you."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 11:53:24 PM »
They tell me that one of those passages in the OT says, "Thou shalt not murder Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her daughters, 17-year-old Hayley and 11-year-old Michaela, at the family's home in Cheshire." [Citation needed]

Somewhere else, I am told, it says "Thou shalt not sexually assault a mother and two daughters and set their home on fire." [Citation needed]

But I'm not an expert.  I only heard all this second-hand.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 12:36:07 AM »
Somewhere else, I am told, it says "Thou shalt not sexually assault a mother and two daughters and set their home on fire." [Citation needed]

Now, now -- don't exaggerate. Hayes only raped the mother. It was his partner who molested one of the girls (I don't recall which one).

Did they ever figure out which one of them lit the match? (Not that it makes any difference.)

I believe there's a passage in the Torah that says, "Let he who has sinned against humanity quit his bitchin'."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:06:38 PM by Hawkmoon »

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 12:47:07 AM »
^ "Now, now -- don't exaggerate. Hayes only raped the mother. It was his partner who molested one of the girls (I don't recall which one)."

Yeah, the article said one wasn't, but I couldn't figure out how to express that succinctly.  I guess exaggeration in this case is immaterial, considering the all-over horror of the crimes. :'(

Terry
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 12:50:54 AM by 230RN »

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 07:29:34 AM »
I think they should serve him those meals.  But only in gen pop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 08:38:42 AM »
If the state had not been tardy in dispensing justice, he would have been deceased before he got around to doing this.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 07:46:27 AM »
.22LR, applied intracranially.

I'm surprised at your statement given your background.
A pneumatic bolt gun is reusable, .22lr  is in somewhat short supply over here.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 08:27:21 AM »
I'm surprised at your statement given your background.
A pneumatic bolt gun is reusable, .22lr  is in somewhat short supply over here.

We used the ones that uses blank cartridges, in various calibers. Saw a .38 and a .22 captive bolt gun. Might've seen a bigger one as well.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 10:02:34 AM »
Turn him loose in Gen Pop and offer a reward for the first one to off him.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 10:23:53 AM »
It amazes me that the government is forced to bend over backwards to protect the rights of beings like this.

Yup.  As I recall, pretty much every right enumerated by the Founders was seen as subject to removal as punishment when duly convicted of a crime.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 01:44:27 PM »
Turn him loose in Gen Pop and offer a reward for the first one to off him.

What with most prisons (state and Federal) going tobacco free, it's amazing how the value of a pack of cigarettes or a bag of chaw/can of dip has rebounded.  I've heard tall tales of a conjugal visit being exchanged for a carton of cigarettes.

stay safe.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2014, 02:09:28 PM »
What with most prisons (state and Federal) going tobacco free, it's amazing how the value of a pack of cigarettes or a bag of chaw/can of dip has rebounded.  I've heard tall tales of a conjugal visit being exchanged for a carton of cigarettes.

You mean guys let other prisoners (or guards?) screw their wives for a pack of smokes? I wonder how the wives feel about that?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2014, 02:33:18 PM »
You mean guys let other prisoners (or guards?) screw their wives for a pack of smokes? I wonder how the wives feel about that?

Consider the type of woman who would remain married and even visit her husband in jail for sex, when the husband is the type to end up in jail and trade that sex for smoke.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds