Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 129272 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #2950 on: May 15, 2024, 11:19:40 PM »
I am not sure if this is a parody site or not.

‘Belief in Freedom’ Is Bad for You
So is “distrust of government,” according to a study in the American Journal of Medicine.
https://www.independent.org/news/article.asp?id=14392

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2951 on: Today at 08:49:54 AM »
More blow at the Capitol:

https://twitchy.com/fuzzychimp/2024/05/16/cocaine-found-at-the-capitol-n2396279

I used to complain about Obama destroying the decorum of the White House and Capitol with guys skateboarding down White House aisles and people dressing like they were heading for the beach.

Looks like that was nothing compared to drugs and gays sex and whatever other sordid crap is going on now.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2952 on: Today at 11:36:14 AM »
They want this radical cancelled

Butker's speech at the Benedictine College in Kansas

'It is safe to say that over the years, I have gained quite the reputation for speaking my mind,' Butker said at the start of his speech.

He addressed the men in the room by saying: 'To the gentlemen here today, part of what plagues society is this lie that has been told to you that men are not necessary in the home or in our communities.

'As men, we set the tone of the culture, and when that is absent, disorder, dysfunction and chaos set in.

'This absence of men in the home is what plays a large role in the violence we see all around the nation.

'... Be unapologetic in your masculinity. Fight against the cultural emasculation of men. Do hard things. Never settle for what is easy.'

Butker even quoted Taylor Swift, although he only referred to her as his 'teammate's girlfriend'.

'As my teammate's girlfriend says, 'familiarity breeds contempt',' he told the audience, referring to Swift's song Bejeweled from her 2022 album Midnights.

He also addressed the women at the ceremony: 'I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolic lies told to you.

'Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.

'I can tell you that my beautiful wife Isabelle would be the first to say her life truly started when she started living her vocation as a wife and as a mother.

'I'm on this stage today, able to be the man that I am, because I have a wife who leans into her vocation.'

'I'm beyond blessed with the many talents God has given me, but it cannot be overstated that all my success is made possible because a girl I met in band class back in middle school would convert to the faith, become my wife, and embrace one of the most important titles of all, homemaker.'

Butker also criticised the Biden administration: 'While COVID might have played a large role throughout your formative years, it is not unique,' he said.

'The bad policies and poor leadership have negatively impacted major life issues.

'Things like abortion, IVF, surrogacy, euthanasia, as well as a growing support for the degenerate cultural values and media all stem from pervasiveness of disorder.'

Backlash against Harrison Butker grows: NFL wades in to say it does NOT support his controversial comments, leaders say he does not represent Kansas City and petition to cut him from Chiefs surges past 80,000
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-13425061/NFL-Harrison-Butker-views-Benedictine-college.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2953 on: Today at 12:43:32 PM »
Crazy when Whoopi is the sane one
But many viewers of The View seem to think Whoopi has gone far right wing or something

Whoopi Goldberg DEFENDS Harrison Butker's controversial commencement speech in shock comments on The View - as she PRAISES Kansas City Chiefs star for voicing 'his beliefs'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13426831/whoopi-goldberg-defends-harrison-butker-speech.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2954 on: Today at 02:19:50 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with what he said.  In the land of lies, the man who speaks the truth is a radical.   
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2955 on: Today at 02:31:32 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with what he said.  In the land of lies, the man who speaks the truth is a radical.   

This one is a really good example to me of just how radical THEY have become. The NFL being what  they are, I just hope he doesn't have any career consequences. Buncha microaggression Marys.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."