Author Topic: Issa Takes a Stand With ATF  (Read 1319 times)

CSM Kersh

Issa Takes a Stand With ATF
« on: April 02, 2011, 09:32:24 AM »
More on the Gunwalker Project.   Some may dislike Congressman Issa, but it looks like he's not going to take crap from the ATF.

ATF director ignores deadline request for Gunrunner documents    

Kenneth E. Melson, acting director of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has “blown past” yesterday’s deadline for the delivery of key documents relating to the Project Gunrunner inquiry that was launched recently by Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA), chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/atf-director-ignores-deadline-request-for-gunrunner-documents

And the Congressman's follow up is

Breaking: Issa issues subpoena to Melson for ‘Gunrunner’ documents

Reacting swiftly to Wednesday’s non-response from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco[e], Firearms and Explosives to provide certain documents relating to “Project Gunrunner,” Congressman Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform this morning subpoenaed Acting ATF Director Kenneth Melson to produce the documents.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/breaking-issa-issues-subpoena-to-melson-for-gunrunner-documents

Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
csmkersh@thegunnerslair.com
My Web Page
When Seconds count the police are only minutes away.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Issa Takes a Stand With ATF
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 11:04:25 AM »
!!!Way to go, Darrell!!!!

Is he pro-2A enough to start looking at him for the VP slot in '12?......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 04:58:43 PM »
Everyone that can be connected to the "go ahead let the sale happen" should be tried for murder. Period. No if's, ands, or buts.

*I won't be holding my breath. Those animals up in ATF/DOJ land are more equal than us.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:47:09 PM by Battle Monkey of Zardoz »
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 06:30:01 PM »
I guess we'll know soon whether we still have any remnants of a Constitutional Republic actually left.  So what happens when ATF ignores the subpoena?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

CSM Kersh

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 11:47:36 PM »

Probably about as much as has happened to Obama for ignoring a court ordewr to end the foot dragging on issuing drilling permits in the Gulf.  Not a damn thing.  And, to date, 12 rigs have pulled up and moved elsewhere.  They might be back in 10 or 12 years.
Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
csmkersh@thegunnerslair.com
My Web Page
When Seconds count the police are only minutes away.

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 12:46:23 AM »
I guess we'll know soon whether we still have any remnants of a Constitutional Republic actually left.  So what happens when ATF ignores the subpoena?

A vote can be held to hold them in contempt. What being in contempt of congress entails I do not know.
Look, tiny text!

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 11:16:55 AM »
A vote can be held to hold them in contempt. What being in contempt of congress entails I do not know.

Look at Charlie Rangels censure, that will give you an idea of how a contempt vote would go.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.