Author Topic: Another Obamaite thrown under the bus  (Read 1901 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Another Obamaite thrown under the bus
« on: November 11, 2009, 11:24:13 PM »
White House communication director, Anne "Mao is my favorite philosopher and Fox News is a wing of the Republican party" Dunn has announced she'll be leaving.

How many people has Obama now thrown under the bus? I've lost count.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: Another Obamaite thrown under the bus
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 12:08:51 AM »
Ahem.

It's Anita Dunn.   ;)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 12:20:09 AM »
my understanding was she was already leaving
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 12:21:35 AM »
Yup.  She made it plainly known that she was departing by the end of the year when she took the job.

As much as I dislike her Mao-envy and labeling of Fox News, she was already heading out the door.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 02:12:51 AM »
I don't care why the vile creature is going, I'm just happy she's out. Of course, one wonders who Obama will appoint in her stead...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 10:04:02 AM »
Knowing she was a short-timer allowed her to swing the hatchet so other remaining staffers wouldn't take public flak. I think this was one of the few operations the White House has orchestrated effectively. That said: "Thank God and Greyhound..."
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 10:13:50 AM »
From what I've heard, she'll still be on the payroll, just not in such an "officially visible" position.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

agricola

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 06:35:40 PM »
From what I've heard, she'll still be on the payroll, just not in such an "officially visible" position.

I believe the exact term is that she will be employed subomnibus?

=D
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 12:46:58 PM »
Anita Dunn's husband is a White House lawyer.  He is being forced out.

The whole story from CNN is here.

A telling section from the story:
"Democratic officials said Craig was ousted because of frustration among senior White House aides over his handling of the plans to close the prison at Guantanamo Bay. As the White House's top lawyer, Craig was pivotal in advising Obama to sign an executive order during his first week in office promising to shut the prison by the end of January 2010.

In a politically embarrassing move that has frustrated some of the president's liberal supporters, White House aides have since backed off that deadline, citing complex legal issues surrounding what to do with the approximately 200 terror suspects still detained at Guantanamo.

Some administration officials privately believe Craig should have better anticipated the pitfalls. However, his supporters think he is being used as a scapegoat and note he was not the only top official who supported the ironclad executive order."
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.