Author Topic: Cashiers check or Cash ?  (Read 2470 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Cashiers check or Cash ?
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 10:12:59 AM »
I like cash, but paranoia would push me to the check. Transfer at bank as stated. With cash and unknown buyers there is a risk of a 3rd party robbing you shortly after the sale in a total coincidence. Also, on counterfeit bills if you happened to get one and spend it now your life is hell proving you were an unwitting dupe.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2017, 01:48:28 PM »
I've done the meet at the buyers bank thing for private sales a few times.  Seems to work well.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 04:01:59 PM »
They are in prison.
Not anymore. Prisons are smoke free

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2017, 04:05:11 PM »
Thankfully it looks like the deal is falling thru ... I bought a car at a small South Florida dealership ... spotted the car on ebay and the seller had all positive feedback ... bought the car before auction end for $2500 less than I was planning to bid ...This is the third car I've purchased this way.  Difference here was the seller let the auction finish even though the car was sold ... winning bid was $2400 more than I paid for the car.  Drove the car 250 mi home and it ran great but it had minor cosmetic issues that gave me a nagging case of "buyers remorse" ... Next morning the dealer called and said the auction winner really wanted the car and if I was interested they would give me $750 more than I paid for the car and come pick it up ... called them back and said OK ... I told the owner I spoke with that all I needed was for them to respond to my email stating that they were bringing me $7600 in a cashiers check and once I had that they could take the car ... so far they refuse to put it in writing ... I smell a rat ... jury is still out but I'm not having some mope show up w/a flatbed and no money and expect me to release the car ... had they offered to buy it back for the price I paid and followed thru I would have gladly parted w/it ... I get the feeling their goal is to get the car back down there w/o paying for it so they can offer to put it on consignment if the buyer they have doesn't like it ... last time I buy a car in South Florida ...
 :old:

The auction ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/322387898336?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2017, 05:42:24 PM »
Is the reporting of the >$10K for the IRS (as someone mentioned), or for Homeland Security?  I understood it's to track down possible money laundering, not for taxation purposes.

???
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 05:58:30 PM »
If you buy a postal money order for over 3500 it's reported as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 07:17:29 PM »
Is the reporting of the >$10K for the IRS (as someone mentioned), or for Homeland Security?  I understood it's to track down possible money laundering, not for taxation purposes.

???

It's reported to the treasury department, specifically FINCen.  It's under Treasury like the IRS, but not under the IRS.

So I suppose the IRS can get the records for an investigation they're doing, but so can't the FBI, Homeland, etc...