Author Topic: Well that didn't take long. Or: The Grand Tour offensive  (Read 717 times)

dogmush

• friend
Well that didn't take long. Or: The Grand Tour offensive
« on: December 29, 2016, 07:50:11 AM »
http://tvweb.com/grand-tour-host-richard-hammond-gay-ice-cream-comments/

Ran across this on FB today.   Some of the usual suspects are offended buy a gay joke that Richard Hammond made on Top Gear 2.0 The Grand Tour.

Apparently, someone bought an Amazon Prime subscription, added GT to their watch list, then sat down to watch a program streamed on the internet that only exists because BBC fired the presenters.  Top Gear has a decades long string of but hurt snowflakes in it's wake and someone is shocked (shocked and offended!!!!) that after they got out from under BBC's censors they haven't cleaned up into proper little Goodthinkers.

Seriously: STFU and stay out of my car show.  We're sick of your endless complaining and demands for accommodation.  Don't.  Pay.  To. Watch. The. *expletive deleted*ing. Show.

On a related note, episode 2 was kinda meh, but 3,4,5, and 6 were pretty damn funny.  I'm not a huge fan of The American, and celebrity Brain Crash is going to get a little old but overall the show is petty dang good.  I laugh out loud several times per episode.

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: Well that didn't take long. Or: The Grand Tour offensive
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 08:39:13 AM »
Episode 6 was my favorite so far.  I LMAOed several times while watching it.

Agree that The American and Celebrity Brain Crash are wearing thin.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 08:41:39 AM »
I'm only up to episode 3 right now. Just haven't had time to watch.

"The American" and "Celebrity Brain Crash" wore thin in episode 1 for me.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 08:46:45 PM »
Watching the most current version.  Two Words: Prolapsed V8. :D :D

Chris

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 08:54:10 PM »
They've been getting better since episode 3.  I find myself looking forward to the next episode now.
The brain crash schtick is getting old, though.  And I wish The American could be a cooler character instead of a caricature.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.