Author Topic: Another great letter to the editor  (Read 1131 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Another great letter to the editor
« on: July 28, 2011, 11:54:12 PM »
This guy has to be union. Companies don't hire until the quality of their products slip?

Looks like he got the fax about tax cuts for the rich. I guess the rich don't spend money on anything that isn't made by other rich people, which is why tax cuts for the rich only benefit the rich. They don't buy things that are made by people in the middle or lower class. That's why Mercedes and Lamborghini's and such are so expensive: all of the factory workers make seven figures or more.

TAXES

A balanced approach

It is time that our legislators do what is best for our country, not what is best for those who hold the purse strings. In order to balance the federal budget, both revenue and spending must be taken into account.

With that in mind, the simplest solution is to repeal the Bush tax cuts from 2001. They have done nothing to stimulate the economy. Remember the "jobless recovery"? Tax cuts on the rich only serve to make wealthy people wealthier. They do not go into consumer spending, which is, for better or worse, the backbone of our economy.

Companies do not create jobs if their taxes are lower. They create them when there is too much business for their current number of employees to handle, and even then they will wait until the quality of their product/service slips before they take on the expense.

It is time that we discard the myth of supply-side economics once and for all.

Michael Schmidt
Oak Creek

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Another great letter to the editor
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 02:44:45 AM »
ML, you know you make the rest of us dumber by having to read this crap.   ;)

I take it the LTE only uses letters from their interns and Mrs McHenry's 3rd grade class.  :facepalm: :facepalm:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Another great letter to the editor
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 11:11:02 AM »
Remember the "jobless recovery"?

Yes, I remember that characterization. That "jobless recovery" where unemployment was LESS THAN 5%.

Yeah, that sucked. We need to hike taxes, that's OBVIOUSLY the way to encourage growth. At least, it's the only obvious way now that we've spent buckets of government money and gotten an increase in unemployment.

Because my preconceived notions of how the economy works can't be challenged by the data right in front of me. TAX AND SPEND AWAY!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought