Author Topic: Let's take a wild animal into the house and treat it like it's domesticated  (Read 6101 times)

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
if you look at the second picture...it is clear the animal is up to something, not quite right in the head, and probably enjoys it.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.

Some cats don't bond, no matter what you do. I've seen multiple cats from a single family that illustrate this quiet nicely. One cat will be as sweet as you could want. The other will be devil incarnate, wanting to kill you.
Nice calico cats, for example, are rare. I've met one that wasn't insane and vicious.

My mother used to have a cat with black and white fur that was very nice and loving  -- to her.
It absolutly loathed every other human being on the face of the planet.  It would attack my brother in law by running up behind him and attacking his leg or heel.  
If you made the mistake of picking it up and petting it it would act like it tolerated you for 12.4534 seconds and then it did a fair imitation of the Tasmanian Devil in full buzz-saw mode.

I used to jokingly tell my sis & BIL that "someday, someone is gonna watch a small black & white watersoaked furball with four stiff legs pointing straight up float down the Tennessee River and go over the Wheeler Dam and disappear forever."  
That cat finally died (naturally) and she has a tortoise-shell cat now which is a very nice cat with everyone.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
My mother used to have a cat with black and white fur that was very nice and loving  -- to her.
It absolutly loathed every other human being on the face of the planet.

I have one of those, but she also detests all of the other cats I have.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
if you look at the second picture...it is clear the animal is up to something, not quite right in the head, and probably enjoys it.

Free food and grooming without having to hunt?  What's not to like?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
It absolutly loathed every other human being on the face of the planet.  It would attack my brother in law by running up behind him and attacking his leg or heel.  
If you made the mistake of picking it up and petting it it would act like it tolerated you for 12.4534 seconds and then it did a fair imitation of the Tasmanian Devil in full buzz-saw mode.

I used to jokingly tell my sis & BIL that "someday, someone is gonna watch a small black & white watersoaked furball with four stiff legs pointing straight up float down the Tennessee River and go over the Wheeler Dam and disappear forever."  
That cat finally died (naturally) and she has a tortoise-shell cat now which is a very nice cat with everyone.

The cats in question hated the owners, too. Dropping off and picking up is usually very embarrassing for them.

We are currently discussing a new cat. We've never had a nasty cat. Obnoxious to the point of driving a person insane, yes, but no cat that can't be picked up and annoyed by us.
I did warn Dad that if we ever end up with a cat that is nasty, it won't live very long. I won't have that in the house. I consider it dangerous. People fuss about dangerous dogs all the time, but they never think what a dangerous cat can do and I've been on antibiotics enough times because of a cat at work to tolerated it at home.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Hawkmoon

• friend
People fuss about dangerous dogs all the time, but they never think what a dangerous cat can do and I've been on antibiotics enough times because of a cat at work to tolerated it at home.

Too true.

Many, MANY years ago, when I was married to spousal unit #1, we lived in an apartment complex. It was a row of attached, 2-story townhouses, like a great many condominiums are today (and, in fact, it was converted to condos several years after we had moved out). Our neighbor on one side was a slightly fussy, prissy old gentleman. He was single or divorced or widowed (I never asked which), and he had a cat.

One evening he knocked at our door and asked if he could use the telephone (this was decades pre-cell phones). We said "Sure," and let him in. Once he was inside, we could see that he was a mess. Cuts and scratches and blood all over him. Turns out he had come home, opened his front door, and his cat went bonkers and attacked him. So the excitement for the evening was the paramedics arriving to patch up the neighbor, and animal control arriving to try to capture the wildcat.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
The epitome of willfullness and temerity,  cats are as close as I'll ever need to having a teenage daughter.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
The epitome of willfullness and temerity,  cats are as close as I'll ever need to having a teenage daughter.

when dad gets home, I'm going to ask him which is worse, the cats or me in my teenage years.

my money is on the cats.

ETA: he refuses to answer. =|
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 08:05:35 PM by bluestarlizzard »
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
but they never think what a dangerous cat can do and I've been on antibiotics enough times because of a cat at work to tolerated it at home

When we adopted our last two cats the volunteer at PetSmart only had 3 fingers and a thumb on her right hand. The antibiotics didn't help her. They figured the best thing to do was to lop off the finger and some other parts to make it look normal. All because of a cat bite.

bob

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Once saw a video on TV....maybe "when animals attack" or ...whatever.  Some guy had a cat (the cuty housecat type) on a leash.  First thing that happens is the critter goes bonkers and encircles they guy's legs with the leash, then launches at the guy's legs, claws first, and sticks.
And from the guy's reaction I was pretty sure it left a mark.
The leash made extraction ... interesting.  [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Knew a guy had an ocelot that went postal on him about 2 weeks after he got him neutered. 75 stitches in a 30 second attack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Knew a guy had an ocelot that went postal on him about 2 weeks after he got him neutered. 75 stitches in a 30 second attack.

Too lazy to post the Archer picture of him and the Ocelot in the car together. But some of you know the one I mean...  =)
I promise not to duck.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Too lazy to post the Archer picture of him and the Ocelot in the car together. But some of you know the one I mean...  =)

Not that difficult:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2oZwrdIZyU

Since it's Archer, obviously NSFW.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Babou!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Hawkmoon

• friend
ETA: he refuses to answer. =|

Your father is a wise man.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
I felt worse for the ocelot. The guy he tore up was a dbag used car salesman. He said if he didn't have a gun the cat might have killed him

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I