Author Topic: I Dare You To Try This  (Read 8739 times)

Dannyboy

• friend
I Dare You To Try This
« on: March 05, 2005, 06:58:58 AM »
http://mostlycajun.com/wordpress/index.php?p=426
I DARE YOU TO TRY THIS
Filed under:

* General
    * Current events - national

mostly cajun @ 6:35 pm

Enter Mexico illegally. Never mind immigration quotas, visas, international law, or any of that nonsense.

Once there, demand that the local government provide free medical care for you and your entire family.

Demand bilingual nurses and doctors.

Demand free bilingual local government forms, bulletins, etc. Procreate abundantly.

Deflect any criticism of this allegedly irresponsible reproductive behavior with, It is a cultural United States thing. You would not understand, pal.

Keep your American identity strong. Fly Old Glory from your rooftop, or proudly display it in your front window or on your car bumper.

Speak only English at home and in public and insist that your children do likewise.

Demand classes on American culture in the Mexican school system.

Demand a local Mexican driver license. This will afford other legal rights and will go far to legitimize your unauthorized, illegal, presence in Mexico.

Insist that local Mexican law enforcement teach English to all its officers.

Good luck! Youll be demanding for the rest of time or soon dead. Because it will never happen.

It will not happen in Mexico or any other country in the world&except right here. Land of the naive.

God Bless AmericaShe needs it.

Found this a short while ago.  Too true.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 07:04:53 AM »
Why would I want to do that?
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Michigander

• friend
I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 07:31:29 AM »
Why would I want to do that?

Excellent question jefnvk. Excellent question indeed.
What if the hokey pokey is really what it's all about?

Standing Wolf

• friend
I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 11:15:07 AM »
Well said!

If I wanted to go to Mexico, I'd just go to L.A.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Darkmind

I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 11:52:35 PM »
If I wanted to go to Mexico, I'd just go to L.A.

Sickening just sickening.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

SEMPER FI

Jspy

I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 03:07:16 PM »
Man, you sure hit the nail on the head! Don't get me started on a similar rant concerning "rights" of illegal aliens. I'm already convinced in the not-so near future, we will all be living in North Mexico, and that the America we know will not exist. I've already entertained the thought of retiring and moving to Mexico just to get even. Tongue

Suoiruf Selyts

I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 03:35:48 PM »
This is going to anger a lot of you, but it has to be said before you pick up the chains and clamber into the back of the pickup truck.

Better yet, let's do this:

Let's enter into a war 160 years ago with a sovereign nation, really for no other reason than to expand our borders, resulting in the expropriation of 1/3 of their territory. Let's import our languages (like German in Central TX), let's try and act as if we haven't become the instant landlords of people that we despise, and let's make no attempt to camouflage our distaste for their culture, appearance, language, and reproductive habits. Let's not even make an attempt to learn a language that isn't always spoken well by the indigenous peoples among the European and half-European ones who have become our charges, and let's not even bother to concern ourselves with the indigenous languages of the people, the territories of whom we have taken as war booty. In fact, let's kidnap their children, let's raise them in our foreign manner, and let's slap them across the face when they speak the languages of their natural parents until we've managed to make them feel bad for not being born looking like us.

Let's try and deny the fact that the bottom left corner of this vaguely rectangular nation ever belonged to anyone else, that other languages were ever spoken there, and let's act like the righteously indignant ones when 160 years of passed time haven't done enough to obliterate truths that we might not like to admit, even unto ourselves.

Borders are artificial when people are hungry, no matter how many barriers you erect and how many people you line up to stand watch against illegal immigration. It's bad enough that you deride them for arguably valid but culturally myopic reasons. But the fact that so many of you would like to think of the Southwest as if it were a province of Sweden, something that conveniently popped up out of the blue to take our landthirsty excess of immigrant citizens, is absolutely mind boggling.

How far are we from "US-born Citizens Only" signs at lunch counters in Amarillo and Tucson? The hatred has to stop, and a solution that takes into account the economic disparity between the two countries, while forbidding Mexico to happily dump its unemployables across the border, absolutely must be found.

Con safos, ése&

spacemanspiff

I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 03:55:45 PM »
first off, correct me if i'm wrong (as i often am) but was it illegal mexicans who have been demanding the free ride and the exceptions to the rules? or is it the aclu that demands it without their input?
i'm under the impression that illegal immigrants have not been the ones speaking out so much about how they need special laws made up just for them. they're all afraid of ins, so why draw attention to themselves?
prove i'm wrong and i'll eat some crow, on that particular point.

Borders are artificial when people are hungry, no matter how many barriers you erect and how many people you line up to stand watch against illegal immigration. It's bad enough that you deride them for arguably valid but culturally myopic reasons. But the fact that so many of you would like to think of the Southwest as if it were a province of Sweden, something that conveniently popped up out of the blue to take our landthirsty excess of immigrant citizens, is absolutely mind boggling

the hatred isnt for the mexicans. its against the mexican government that has displayed how little they care for their own citizens that they openly encourage people to enter our country illegally. its against the corrupt military/law enforcement/politicians from mexico that protect border jumpers and drug runners.

the mexican government does not want to solve its own problems of overcrowding, unemployment, etc. they want our country to handle it. and that is what i hate.

mexicans or any migrant that enters lawfully, i got no problem with. they go by the rules, great! its those that dont that i wish we could deport. not out of hatred, just out of principle.

with that said, i am also one of those most vocal about tightening the US/mexican border. i am all for walls, fences, barb wire, and i am all for opening fire on those that make it through the mine field.
Wear a Yellow Armband!

macavada

I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 04:21:02 PM »
the hatred isnt for the mexicans. its against the mexican government

i am all for opening fire on those that make it through the mine field.

I don't get this.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005, 04:40:07 PM »
Hell, I'd enter Mexico illegally, if just to demand they stop f$&*ing up automobiles like they did to that Chevy above! (Think I can almost see the chain link steering wheel, and remember the jokes about it...)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Phantom Warrior

• friend
I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2005, 06:34:26 PM »
Let's try and deny the fact that the bottom left corner of this vaguely rectangular nation ever belonged to anyone else, that other languages were ever spoken there, and let's act like the righteously indignant ones when 160 years of passed time haven't done enough to obliterate truths that we might not like to admit, even unto ourselves.

Respectfully, SO WHAT?  Most of this country used to belong to England.  France owned a big chunk.  Spain and (I think) Russia were in on the act too.  I'm sure we took pieces of Canada.  Mexico used to belong to Spain.  Before that it belonged to the Indians.  A lot of things have happened in history.  War, oppression, repression, genocide.  And many more.  

But that's history.  None of today's Mexicans have lived through anything that happened during the founding of Texas.  No one alive today in America is responsible for anything that did happen.  And war is war.  To the victor go the spoils.  No one is seriously arguing that the US make concessions to anyone else they fought wars with and got territory from.

How far are we from "US-born Citizens Only" signs at lunch counters in Amarillo and Tucson? The hatred has to stop, and a solution that takes into account the economic disparity between the two countries, while forbidding Mexico to happily dump its unemployables across the border, absolutely must be found.

This isn't about hatred for an ethnicity.  This is about Mexico "happily dumping it's unemployables across the border."  And then the US being expected to give them all kinds of benefits without them becoming citizens.

Here's a solution.  Set reasonable limits on immigration.  Let those that enter legally apply for citizenship.  Have them work to fit in, if not completely assimilate.  Let them learn to speak English, get a job, and contribute to the system.  And give them all the benefits and privileges of a full American citizen.

That's the way the system is supposed to work.

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2005, 07:00:36 PM »
What phantom warrior said.
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

Suoiruf Selyts

I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2005, 07:39:06 PM »
What phantom warrior said.

This is how people get called ditto-heads.

Phantom, you speak of assimilation. Just what do you mean? New Mexico is 50% Hispanic. Assimilation? Sure. I'll give you Spanish lessons and find someone to teach you how to make chile verde. We'll get you assimilated so good everybody'll think your family is all güeros, carnal.

Respectfully, SO WHAT? Most of this country used to belong to England.

Respectfully, most of it didn't. England only had claims to the East coast and running westward into terra incognita. Spain had Florida, a good part of the Caribbean, all of South America, except for a few colonies along the coast along the Antilles, and Brazil, some of which belonged to England, some to Portugal, some to the Dutch. Spain also had the entire Southwest, that part not claimed by France, both of whose claims ran smack into the PNW. And then there was Russia and Alaska.

This isn't about hatred for an ethnicity. This is about Mexico "happily dumping it's unemployables across the border." And then the US being expected to give them all kinds of benefits without them becoming citizens.

This is all about it. Every good old boy from Brownsville to Kansas City wants to come down to the border and play Boy Scout. Until you can say "Mexicans," or Latinos, or Hispanics, and not slur "meskins' off the end of your tongue like it's a curse, it's all about it. Oh, and the word should be ITS, like I typed, not IT'S. ITS is a possessive, and IT'S is a verb contraction. Nothing worse than a mistaken correction. ¿ Quieres que te enseñe la gramática en español también ?

Phantom Warrior

• friend
I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2005, 08:33:01 PM »
Phantom, you speak of assimilation. Just what do you mean? New Mexico is 50% Hispanic. Assimilation? Sure. I'll give you Spanish lessons and find someone to teach you how to make chile verde.

I have no objection to immigrants retaining their native culture.  More power to them.  I'm a huge lefse fan, which I get from my 1/8 of Norwegianness (sp?).  But the language of the land is English and most of the country's business is transacted in English.  So I don't feel it's unreasonable to expect citizens to speak English, at least if they want to interact with the rest of society.

Respectfully, most of it didn't. England only had claims to the East coast...

You missed the forest by looking at the one deformed tree.  Your paragraph is exactly my point.  America used to belong to many different countries.  Not all of our land aquisitions were peaceful.  But it's silly to start going back and saying "We owe France this and Mexico that and England this."  We fought wars, we won, and that's it.  America doesn't owe anything to those countries.

PhantomIntellect wrote:
This isn't about hatred for an ethnicity. This is about Mexico "happily dumping it's unemployables across the border." And then the US being expected to give them all kinds of benefits without them becoming citizens.

This is all about it. Every good old boy from Brownsville to Kansas City wants to come down to the border and play Boy Scout. Until you can say "Mexicans," or Latinos, or Hispanics, and not slur "meskins' off the end of your tongue like it's a curse, it's all about it.

Ok.  "Mexicans."  "Latinos."  "Hispanics."  Some people are against illegal immigration because they are racist.  I'm not.  I don't believe most of the other people in this thread are either.  Speaking for myself, I am opposed to people illegally entering this country and being given the full benefits of citizenship.  I don't care if they are Hispanic, Asian, Black, or White Anglo Saxon Protestants.  

This is how people get called ditto-heads.

And?  I see no shame in expressing your agreement when someone has summed up your own position succinctly.

Oh, and the word should be ITS, like I typed, not IT'S. ITS is a possessive, and IT'S is a verb contraction. Nothing worse than a mistaken correction. ¿ Quieres que te enseñe la gramática en español también ?

The grammar police caught me, and I was wrong, so I'll take my licks like a man.  I am aware of the difference and simply didn't proofread my post sufficently.  I had hoped that most people would be able to dredge up my main points from amongst the clutter and painful plethora of grammatical errors...

P.S.  What's w/ quoting me as PhantomIntellect?  Is that a glitch in the software or is it supposed to be an insult?

brimic

• friends
I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 09:04:20 PM »
Why do we have so much illegal immigration?

Lets just say that in an alternative universe this exists:

You sneak across the border to canada.

In Alternative Reality Canada-

They give you free beer.

Daily massages from Blonde twins imported from Sweden so that your stress level doesn't effect your health.

Cash jobs that pay as much as middle management jobs in the USA are plentiful and there for the taking.

The Border is easy to cross in either direction.

Health care is state of the art and free.

You spend a month in Canada then come back to the United States and tell all of your buddies about it. Youwouldn't even have to explain any further than the Beer and Blondes to convince them to hop the border. cheesy
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Dannyboy

• friend
I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2005, 02:10:57 AM »
This
Oh, and the word should be ITS, like I typed, not IT'S. ITS is a possessive, and IT'S is a verb contraction.

and this
PhantomIntellect wrote:

will get you called something other than ditto-head.  BTW, you are absolutely right.  We don't really oppose illegal immigration.  We just use that as an excuse to cover our outright hatred of Mexicans.  Yep, nothing but racists.  Happy now?
 rolleyes
Oh, one more thing.  Maybe you can explain the hypocrisy of Mexico's southern border being so tightly guarded while encouraging their people to illegally cross their northern one.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

uvakat

• friend
I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2005, 02:27:18 AM »
I for one have no problems with legal immigration since I'm a 1st generation American... that being said, I have a problem with having to speak spanish in Virginia (we're far enough from the border) to order food or to pay for stuff at the mall. I've seen my parents struggle with English, but they managed to learn the language and become productive members of society. I am tired of bilingual instructions, esp. when the Spanish instructions are on top and I have to hunt for English instructions (yes I actaully read instruction manuals--- at least sometimes I do)... I have no problems with not speaking English at home, I really didn't until I grew up and refused to speak my parents native tongue. I really have no problems of pockets of cities that remain cultural, like Little Italy or Chinatown. I just don't like how mainstream america has gone bilingual. I really hate having to use my 4th grade Spanish (the last year I had spanish in school) to get by in the states. I really didn't notice this problem becomming evident this far north until recently and it depresses me that I can't even speak English and be understood in my home town. My dislike for illegals is not based on race... it's more based on their sense of entitlements. I'm sorry if you are here illegally you do not have the same rights as US citizens or legal immigrants. I agree with the above post... why is it that mexico guards their southern border so well while their northern border is so open? Oh well that's my $.02 way too early in the morning...
Nothing like a couple hundred rounds down range to make a girl feel better.  

Suoiruf Selyts

I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2005, 02:50:10 AM »

Enough said.

macavada

I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2005, 02:56:01 AM »
How well do they guard their southern border really?  We get all types of OTM's crossing our border that have come from South American countries via Mexico.

uvakat

• friend
I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2005, 03:08:52 AM »
It's got to be better then their northern border... actually I had a friend in HS who lived in Mexico for a time. She was originally from Chilie. She said the Southern border is guarded better then the northern, but with money in the right spots you can get into the country.
Nothing like a couple hundred rounds down range to make a girl feel better.  

Leatherneck

• friend
I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2005, 03:11:07 AM »
Enough said.

Not really. Do you take that as a typical American attitude? Your implicit accusation of current company is insulting and condescending, as is:
PhantomIntellect wrote:

What part of Armed Polite Society can you not comprehend?
TC
RT Refugee

Sean Smith

I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2005, 04:13:22 AM »
Suoiruf Selyts,

I love it.  Everyone who disagrees with you is hysterically labeled a jingoistic racist.   rolleyes

Ghostrider66

I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2005, 06:36:16 AM »
Suoiruf Selyts,

Where do I begin?  Ethnicity aside, I believe the argument would likely stand.  I don't think the sentiment would be any different would the volume of illegal immigration be from a completely different country and the immigrants (and the country from whence they come) be placing the same demands of the recipient country and society.  Adaptation to one's new surroundings is nothing new.  Whether arriving as a legal or illegal immigrant or refuge or even as a visitor to any new place, one must try to adapt to the new laws and societal rules in place.  When this doesn't happen, you and yours will be viewed with disdain.  I view it very much akin to some visits while in the military to Germany.  Because of the behavior of other Americans, we were not exactly greeted warmly.  Was this bigoted of them?  Perhaps but I thought it to be understandable.  I also found that by attempting wholeheartedly to speak the language, learn something of the local customs and cuisine and generally adapt, I managed to turn around how I was viewed and treated.  Not really a huge leap here but often ignored with our current situation.  

My mother came from Mexico (legally) after having married my father before I was born.  Over the years, we have encountered all forms of hardships and racism.  But nothing has compared to the level of acceptance and tolerance that we have found.  This country treats its immigrants better than any other I have ever been to or read about and yet theres constantly demands for more and more to be given.  Ive always held that nothing should be given to immigrants or natives through government extortion.  Life is tough.  Everyone has challenges to face.  Some more than others.  The absolutely wonderful part is that were lucky enough in a place where if you do come here and even make smallest effort to work and get along, more than likely you will succeed.

And by the way, dude, no one else is gonna say it here (they are far too nice).  The crap youre spouting in Spanish is highly insulting and bigoted and if you dont cut it out, I will have a talk with some of the mods about having you removed.

Amablemente,
Ghostrider
Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.

spacemanspiff

I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2005, 07:52:41 AM »
Oh, and the word should be ITS, like I typed, not IT'S. ITS is a possessive, and IT'S is a verb contraction. Nothing worse than a mistaken correction

uhoh! we better turn tails and start learning to speak mexican now! they got us on lack of grammar! whatever will we do?Huh?

its fair to say our arguments hold more water than yours do sourif. after all, you were the first one to bring in a lame attack on how a person types.

rolleyes
Wear a Yellow Armband!

Typhoon

• friend
I Dare You To Try This
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2005, 09:39:25 AM »
So Furious, (Suoiruf)

Is this your same personality from The High Road, or are you trying out an evil alter ego?   Wink
To the stars!