Author Topic: Another good customer service story.  (Read 802 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Another good customer service story.
« on: August 18, 2011, 07:53:24 PM »
When companies screw up we all like to rake them over the coals in public, at least I know I do. OTOH, when a company gives good customer service I like to let people know also. After all, it is only fair.

About 1983 I bought a Suzuki GS 1100E and because it was my daily commuter in CA I bought a tank bag for it from Chase Harper. When the Suzuki went away in 1988 for a Honda Hurricane I continued to use the bag. Well, I still have the Hurricane, and still ride it (if it works don't fix it) but the tank bag has started looking pretty ragged after nearly 30 years of on and off use.

I sent Chase Harper the tank bag with a request to evaluate the bag for repair or replacement under their warranty (lifetime). They got the bag today, and called today. That in itself is a notch above most customer services departments. They said they would be happy to repair the bag and charge me shipping back to home or I could purchase a new bag at 50% of retail.

I opted to buy a new bag, I figured that I had the other one for nearly 30 years now and while they could repair the old one it is just too big for my present needs.

I am quite happy with Chase Harper as a company, and their customer service. The nice lady did apologize that the bag would not be shipped to me today as UPS had already made their pickup for the day.

So, if you have a bike and need a tank bag or other storage for it I whole heartedly recommend Chase Harper.

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Another good customer service story.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 11:54:26 PM »
WIll they send you back the old bag?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Another good customer service story.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 02:04:09 AM »
No. The optons were warranty repair or replacement if it couldn't be repaired or buy a new bag from them @ 50% off retail. I really didn't want the old bag back without it being repaired, it was pretty ragged. This way I also downsized on the tank bag.

bob