Author Topic: Another Rooski airplane doing its thing, Su-30  (Read 2758 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Another Rooski airplane doing its thing, Su-30
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 01:22:32 AM »
How Russian aircraft should be done is to give them to a Western country and let them upgrade their avionics and get pilots in them with lots of flight time. I've got some pictures of German Air Force Fulcrums flying carrier approaches.  =D Before my time in the squadron we also took our tarted up F-18s to Germany and played with them.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 01:41:43 PM »

Watched a couple seconds of video, yea, vectored thrust. It's been around for a while, and yes, usually pretty much airshow only fighter advantage. It'll likely kill more stunt pilots than combat pilots.

It's niche. Harriers have put it to good use, don't get me wrong. But there's a reason why most combat aircraft don't use it.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 06:08:56 PM »
Watched a couple seconds of video, yea, vectored thrust. It's been around for a while, and yes, usually pretty much airshow only fighter advantage. It'll likely kill more stunt pilots than combat pilots.

It's niche. Harriers have put it to good use, don't get me wrong. But there's a reason why most combat aircraft don't use it.

I thought the USAF tactics were to kill the enemy aircraft a hundred miles away  =)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2014, 07:21:54 PM »
I thought the USAF tactics were to kill the enemy aircraft a hundred miles away  =)

From pool-side at the Hilton.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?