Author Topic: Good news, bad news kinda....  (Read 568 times)

Bob F.

• friend
Good news, bad news kinda....
« on: April 18, 2016, 09:31:18 PM »
SWMBO & I went to look at a new fridge this afternoon. ONe we liked a couple weeks ago was gone, next was $500 more, but on sale. Except we wanted white and the stainless was "only" $150 more than the missing one. But we wanted white which apparently wasn't on sale, eetc., etc. So we didn't buy.

Got home and went to basement to take clothes out of dryer. Ooh, don't like that smell. Dryer load was GTG. Went to empty washer and it was still full of water. Not good. Timer hadn't advanced at all and didn't rachet as usual when I turned it manually. Guess the timer's shot. Old gal that runs the Maytag shop ( if it's still there) is sharp so I'll see her Wed. Here's hoping it's an easy fix.
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Good news, bad news kinda....
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 10:02:04 PM »
I had to buy a new washer after moving into the new house, motor smoked and it was $200+ ish for a new motor, luckily a Maytag was on sale for $400 (down from $600) at Menards. Old washer was a Kenmore built in 2011.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 08:49:20 AM »
I had to buy a new washer after moving into the new house, motor smoked and it was $200+ ish for a new motor, luckily a Maytag was on sale for $400 (down from $600) at Menards. Old washer was a Kenmore built in 2011.

Maytag was purchased by Whirlpool in '06, they are now made in the same factory.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 09:13:26 AM »
Maytag was purchased by Whirlpool in '06, they are now made in the same factory.
I know but my new washer has a 10 year warranty.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536