Author Topic: Greater Idaho  (Read 1085 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Greater Idaho
« on: November 21, 2020, 01:14:47 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/media/rural-oregon-vote-secede-greater-idaho

A group called Move Oregon's Border is leading an initiative to have Oregon's rural counties secede from the rest of the state and join Idaho.
Idaho is ranked No. 3 in regulatory freedom whereas Oregon is ranked No. 43, according to the Cato Institute.
“Idaho is not a sanctuary state at all, and they want to protect their citizens. That's comforting, to live in a state like that who enforces the laws and not let the lawbreakers go free.”

Philosophically similar to the State of Jefferson, I suppose.

Most likely won't amount to much, if anything.  Fun to consider the possibilities, though.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Greater Idaho
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 02:03:21 AM »
Only if Idaho ditches Boise as a federal territory so it can't poison the state's potential.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 08:45:19 AM »
Like Jefferson (to which I would have moved in a heartbeat), yeah, likely won't go anywhere. Good statement though, as Oregon almost seems to be hit worse than other, similar states where Urban areas have control. In CA, it's a good slice of the entire coast. In OR, it really is the tiny Portland metro area with maybe a little Eugene thrown in.

I would welcome them here. I spend a lot of time in Eastern Oregon and find the folks there much more freedom-loving than when I head East into the Boise area. Boise's new Mayor sees Portland as a good example, rather than a horrible warning. She has already hired the former Portland Chief of Police, and he's busy talking BLM reforms.

My latest joke, when I'm at my LGS or wherever in Boise, if someone asks me where I live is, "Oh, I live across the border over in Idaho."  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 07:11:03 PM »
Update: 5 Oregon counties approved measures telling officials to take steps to change the border.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/oregon-counties-vote-to-secede-into-idaho_3822536.html

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 07:15:04 PM »
They shouldn't join Idaho. They need to form another state.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2021, 06:56:47 AM »
They shouldn't join Idaho. They need to form another state.

We need another conservative state to balance out the scale to counter the libs making D.C. a state.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2021, 08:18:03 AM »
I haven't studied seceding from a state vs starting a new state, but on the face of it, the latter would seem to be the easier of two difficult processes. 
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2021, 09:40:06 AM »
We need another conservative state to balance out the scale to counter the libs making D.C. a state.

Within 10 years due to liberals fleeing from the high taxes and oppressive regulations of the surrounding blue states the new state will turn solid blue.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2021, 05:29:28 PM »
Within 10 years due to liberals fleeing from the high taxes and oppressive regulations of the surrounding blue states the new state will turn solid blue.

Sadly enough you are probably correct.  I have been saying for about 10 years we need a new CSA, and secede from the current federal mess.  Conservative States of America, where state's rights govern as they should.