Author Topic: What CAN'T McDonald's Fries Do?  (Read 2559 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: What CAN'T McDonald's Fries Do?
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2018, 09:25:33 AM »
So we have the papists to thank for the Filet-o-Fish?

Chris

Yep.

Well, actually, we have blatant, evil capitalism to thank for the FoF.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2018, 09:27:12 AM »
"When I was a kid we still practiced "fish Fridays" ( being a Cafeteria Catholic, I just do it on Good Friday now  laugh ). My mom would often get me to participate by taking me to McDs for the Filet-O-Fish."

Yep, that was SOP at my school in the 1970s-80s. Fish sandwiches at lunch. And, believe it or not, the fish sandwiches we had were incredibly good, even better than MickyD's.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2018, 10:31:08 AM »
Still don't care. They're still awesome.

Pollock maybe considered a lower-level fish, but it's a tasty fish. It's my preferred go to when cod isn't available.

Here in Seattle, the home of most of the Alaskan fishing fleet, we respect the pollock.  Lots and lots of money in pollock.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2018, 07:40:41 AM »
We were brought up to believe that eating meat on a Friday was actually a mortal sin.  True or not, that's the way it came across, like not going to church on Sunday.

So when that was finally relaxed, in my mid-20s, my first thought was of all those souls who would be released from Hell.  That was when I found out after all those years that it wasn't a mortal sin anyhow.  I felt cheated somehow.  This thing purports to explain it:

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/steven-greydanus/meatless-fridays
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 07:52:56 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2018, 08:46:55 AM »
All I recall about McD fries was that they used to be good cat bait. I tried it, and sure enough, my kitties went nuts over them. Flash forward some years and tried it again. The cats turned up their noses. I suspect it may have been some "healthier" recipe. I haven't bought any recently to get a cat's reaction.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2018, 10:07:33 PM »
Ladysmith:
All I recall about McD fries was that they used to be good cat bait. I tried it, and sure enough, my kitties went nuts over them. Flash forward some years and tried it again.The cats turned up their noses. I suspect it may have been some "healthier" recipe. I haven't bought any recently to get a cat's reaction.

Additional data point.  Two out of three of my cats went bonkers over black olives.  Just like it was a strong catnip.  The third cat, a Siamese, pretty much ignored the olives except to kind of experimentally bat them around a little but otherwise "meh."

So it would appear that some veggie things can affect some cats (not that McD's chefs knew or cared about this) and they took it out of later revisions of their burgers for other reasons.

Wasn't it McD which advertised some kind of "secret sauce" a long time ago?  Or was that another burger outfit?  I seem to recall some kind of jingle which referred to a secret sauce.

(I've mentioned this peculiar behavior before.  Of the cats, not the chefs.)

Terry

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2018, 10:54:00 PM »

Wasn't it McD which advertised some kind of "secret sauce" a long time ago?  Or was that another burger outfit?  I seem to recall some kind of jingle which referred to a secret sauce.

The Big Mac recipe.

Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions – on a sesame seed bun.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design