Author Topic: This week in rigid adherence to stereotype:  (Read 6362 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
This week in rigid adherence to stereotype:
« on: October 20, 2015, 10:33:41 PM »

WARNING: Content may induce vomiting, rage-blindness, or debilitating laughter.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/opinion/guest-column/2015/10/09/obamas-legacy-guns-ban/73682284/

I urge President Obama to ban firearm possession in America. He is the president of the United States. He can change the country. He can do it today. I believe in him.

During his 2008 presidential campaign, my two daughters, partner, and I ate every meal in our house on Obama placemats. We bought these at our local supermarket, plastic-coated, plate-sized paper rectangles with an image of his face framed by colors of the flag. While politically minded, I am not overly patriotic, so this mealtime ritual of American allegiance was odd for me. Still, we looked at the image of his face each day and we believed that he really could be the change in America.

There's much more unthink in the article, if you can stomach it. This critter is exactly what you expect her to be.  :facepalm:

And if your stomach is really strong...

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Re: This week in rigid adherence to stereotype:
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 10:42:34 PM »
Can also be used as a spay and neuter liberals / idiots poster.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 11:44:19 PM »
It is fools like this that make me think the President will eventually become a dictatorship.  People like her can't seem to tell the difference and I am afraid they are multiplying.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 11:42:50 AM »
*makes note of name in 'in case of gun ban' address book*
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 02:51:39 PM »

She grew up....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 03:10:45 PM »
It is fools like this that make me think the President will eventually become a dictatorship.  People like her can't seem to tell the difference and I am afraid they are multiplying.

They're fine with dictatorships as long as the dictator does what they want.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 04:05:47 PM »
She's another reason why I have a rapidly growing disdain for highly "edumacated" bi-peds.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 05:16:32 PM »
1 - Your PhD will not allow you to write a prescription.  Therefore you are not a doctor - perhaps a professor at best.

2 - Even if you were a doctor, your training and accreditation and license do not allow you to practice outside your limits.  I'll let a proctologist tie off a tourniquet if my artery is spurting, and cover me to delay the onset of shock.  But I'll be darned if I'm letting him set my broken bone.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 09:42:19 PM »
Even before googling the author's place of employment I knew she was a New York liberal. New York is full of women who talk and look exactly like that. It's scary.

I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 09:43:27 PM »
To establish gun control laws in America that will reduce high levels of male violence and usher in a culture of peace and civility.

;/  :lol:  =D  :O  and finally,  :rofl:

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 10:08:51 PM »
"I hope you've enjoyed this meal I prepared for you, dear. As you know, it was entirely vegan and conflict-free. I'm so delighted that we can have a pleasant evening together. Why, since you had me destroy my firearms, I don't even hit you anymore!"

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 11:21:28 PM »
1)  Ever notice that most of the rabid feminists and Pro-abortion zealots are women that you would not ever, no way, no how, want to mate with?

2)  (rabid, SJW type) Feminists have this belief that if only women were in charge and men reduced to servile positions then the world would be all magic unicorns and rainbows?   Yet take a social setting where two peopel are wearing the same Dress/Shirt/Tie/Skirt/Sweater/Shoes.  Men will laugh and joke about it while sharing a couple of beers and probably become lifelong friends.  The women will be all angry and upset with each other and ruin the event for pretty much all involved.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 10:28:50 AM »
1)  Ever notice that most of the rabid feminists and Pro-abortion zealots are women that you would not ever, no way, no how, want to mate with?

It goes beyond that, but . . . yep.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

grampster

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2015, 11:13:47 AM »
Heh.  That photo would drive me to drink.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 11:29:05 AM »

WARNING: Content may induce vomiting, rage-blindness, or debilitating laughter.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/opinion/guest-column/2015/10/09/obamas-legacy-guns-ban/73682284/

There's much more unthink in the article, if you can stomach it. This critter is exactly what you expect her to be.  :facepalm:

And if your stomach is really strong...

Why'd you post an image of a man with a rat on his head?  Is it some sort of subtle dig at Trump's toupee?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 12:03:30 PM »
Heh.  That photo would drive me to drink.

Ironically, alcohol is about the only chance they have.  >:D
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 12:08:51 PM »
Ironically, alcohol is about the only chance they have.  >:D

Beat me to it.  :P
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2015, 01:59:32 PM »

Two thoughts.

1)Where did she get those glasses?  Reminds me of a cruel spinster grade school teacher that I might have encountered in the '60s.

2)DNA check.  Just sayin'.  Might be some gender issues.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 02:56:35 PM »

2)  (rabid, SJW type) Feminists have this belief that if only women were in charge and men reduced to servile positions then the world would be all magic unicorns and rainbows?   Yet take a social setting where two peopel are wearing the same Dress/Shirt/Tie/Skirt/Sweater/Shoes.  Men will laugh and joke about it while sharing a couple of beers and probably become lifelong friends.  The women will be all angry and upset with each other and ruin the event for pretty much all involved.

Was thinking on the subject of rad fems last night.

Anyway, my issue with them is not just their absurd hatred of men, but also their fairytale fantasy of what woman are and they don't even clue in that their narrow minded definition of feminine traits is so absurd.
I'm going to start calling it Neo-Victorian. Basically, their idea of female is the classical perfection of the Victorian woman, just minus some of the sexual repression and servile nature, and spiffed up to suit more modern tastes in style and ideals.
It's like they took the Gibson girl, put her in a pair of pants and made her a lesbian.

And you're right. I am wondering if the establishment in culture of male dominated society and the limitations on woman's interactions outside the home and in fighting isn't really due to how aggressive and territorial woman really are. When two guys fight it out, they give each other some bruises and maybe a couple broken bones. Sometimes it goes further, but mostly it ends with a few bruised feelings and then, they get over it.
Could you imagine if it was socially acceptable for woman to duke it out? If we didn't kill off our oppoinant in that moment, we'd be killing her off later. Stick woman in the homes with the children and at least when that aggressive nature comes out, it's constructive and rightfully protecting territory and young.

And I'll admit, I partially come to this conclusion because of working with intact dogs and bitches for so long. Yes, we keep the big boys separated and brawls between them are no joke. But the bitches? Once war breaks out, it's done. They will always hate each other after that. The boys may be more obvious when they get aggressive, but it's rare that they will single out another boy that they've had a beef with and seek him out to continue the fight. The bitches will intentionally go at another bitch (or male) long after the initial battle is over, done and dead. Hell, there are two girls, right now, that are not even allowed into the same area of the farm. They just aren't allowed to even see each other, because the one girl really just wants to kill the other one.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 04:01:39 PM »
Anyway, my issue with them is not just their absurd hatred of men, but also their fairytale fantasy of what woman are and they don't even clue in that their narrow minded definition of feminine traits is so absurd.
I'm going to start calling it Neo-Victorian. Basically, their idea of female is the classical perfection of the Victorian woman, just minus some of the sexual repression and servile nature, and spiffed up to suit more modern tastes in style and ideals.
It's like they took the Gibson girl, put her in a pair of pants and made her a lesbian.

I believe you are onto something.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2015, 04:14:14 PM »
Two thoughts.

1)Where did she get those glasses?  Reminds me of a cruel spinster grade school teacher that I might have encountered in the '60s.

2)DNA check.  Just sayin'.  Might be some gender issues.

"You said "Patriarchy" twice."
"I like Patriarchy."
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2015, 05:10:13 PM »
^^^^ What is 'headmates'?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2015, 05:27:45 PM »

I want to know, but I am worried I will not like the answer.  =|

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2015, 10:09:18 PM »
Imaginary friends, only for "adults".
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2015, 11:16:23 PM »

something related to head lice?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.