Author Topic: Young men are giving up on women, says Breitbart  (Read 6193 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Young men are giving up on women, says Breitbart
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2018, 10:27:12 PM »
We've also seen cases where men have been forced to pay child support on children when they've never even slept with the woman

Sorry for the thread necromancy
If you find a link to a story like that, please share.  I am curious.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2018, 10:40:20 PM »

i hear its quite common
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2018, 10:57:08 PM »
i was active in a strict church for about a yr and a half, really strict rules about dating.
Double dates or larger, zero relations before marriage. and try not to be alone with opposite sex ... things like that.
I actually kind of like all the rules, I wasn't very active dating wise and had practically given up before hand, now with
all the rules, i like ignoring the hookup culture ....

besides avoiding whatever legal and or other entanglements, i get to feel morally superior and have free virtue signalling  >:D >:D
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2018, 11:11:18 PM »
And it's actual virtue signalling.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2018, 11:29:47 PM »
And it's actual virtue signalling.

:angel: :lol: :old: :laugh:

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2018, 02:18:33 AM »
Double dates or larger,

Other than a blind date, this one has always been a bad idea; people don't act the same in a group, even a small comfortable group, as they do one-on-one.  Considering that the ideal outcome of dating is a one-on-one relationship, double+ dating is about like ordering an appetizer to see how good the dessert chef is.

Plus, invariably, members of the group will be more attached to one of the couple than the other, which puts the less-familiar one at a disadvantage; even if it's not intentional, it becomes a three-on-one interrogation rather than an equal conversation.  I've been on both sides of that, and it's not the sort of dynamic anyone should be basing their life partner decisions on.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2018, 09:11:17 AM »
There are a lot of guys  that say to find a self confident, respectful , loving,  woman who has not been corrupted by 20 years of anti-men PC BS,  look to other country's- Mexico, Asia, etc.  not a cure all , but the odds might be better.

If you marry a foreign woman, whatever you do don't bring her back to the USA.  If you sign off for a foreigner to get a green card, you may be contractually obligated to support her for the rest of her life in the USA- even if she divorces you.  

I am not kidding.  Read here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyjsemotiuk/2014/11/17/immigration-and-marriage-what-happens-if-you-marry-or-divorce-a-foreign-spouse/#64235e284ef9

This article says the support is owed for 10 years, but... it in reality it means until the spouse works for 10 years.  If the ex never works... and sits around on your dime, you are obligated to support him or her forever if s/he never gets citizenship.  Ha!  Funny joke on you!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2018, 09:45:26 AM »

https://www.abc15.com/news/national/under-michigan-laws-men-may-not-be-the-father-but-still-owe-child-support

Thanks.
Runestad says those DNA tests should make a difference. He heard the story of Carnell Alexander on WXYZ, and decided to take action.  He says this year he hopes to pass legislation that would protect men from being forced to pay for another man’s children. Plus women and process servers who lie should face legal consequences.
One of the huge problems these days is the lack of accountability for fraud.  The penalties should be very harsh.  I would say the penalty should be based on the harm done, but it really should be a good bit worse.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2018, 10:17:59 AM »
One of the huge problems these days is the lack of accountability for fraud.  The penalties should be very harsh.  I would say the penalty should be based on the harm done, but it really should be a good bit worse.

Perjury laws can and do apply.  Problem?  Finding a prosecutor's office willing to go forward with the case. Too often, they say "that's an issue for your civil case" and they let it go.  In the civil case, the best the judge/magistrate can do is rule against the offending party, and perhaps contempt of court.  Here in Ohio, Perjury is a felony offense (F3), which carries a lot more severe penalties than contempt (30 days max for a first time).
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2018, 11:59:07 AM »
Two different churches.

I was going to guess family reunion.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2018, 02:13:18 PM »
Perjury laws can and do apply.  Problem?  Finding a prosecutor's office willing to go forward with the case. Too often, they say "that's an issue for your civil case" and they let it go.  In the civil case, the best the judge/magistrate can do is rule against the offending party, and perhaps contempt of court.  Here in Ohio, Perjury is a felony offense (F3), which carries a lot more severe penalties than contempt (30 days max for a first time).
Good for Ohio.  I think people underestimate the effect on society of rampant dishonesty and cheating with little consequence. 

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2018, 02:33:26 PM »
  I'm probably going to be single the rest of my life, I'm over fifty/blunt/broke.
If an attractive gal hit me with a shovel and dragged me to her lair - I guess I would comply.
I don't see that happening anytime soon.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2018, 03:21:03 PM »
If you marry a foreign woman, whatever you do don't bring her back to the USA.  If you sign off for a foreigner to get a green card, you may be contractually obligated to support her for the rest of her life in the USA- even if she divorces you.  

I am not kidding.  Read here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyjsemotiuk/2014/11/17/immigration-and-marriage-what-happens-if-you-marry-or-divorce-a-foreign-spouse/#64235e284ef9

This article says the support is owed for 10 years, but... it in reality it means until the spouse works for 10 years.  If the ex never works... and sits around on your dime, you are obligated to support him or her forever if s/he never gets citizenship.  Ha!  Funny joke on you!

This may be true but I know at least 4 close aquaintences in my age range whohave oriental wives. Mainland Chinese I believe. They are all engineers and the wives typically don't work.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2018, 03:27:44 PM »

The case I'm thinking of was (IIRC) in Florida

Guy casually knew a girl (there may have been a date involved), nothing intimate. Guy moves, girl ends up pregnant (and names him the father). He doesn't find out until many years later, and is on the hook for 10+ years of child support. Demands a paternity test, courts tell him the statute of limitations has passed: doesn't matter what the result of test is, he's on the hook regardless
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2018, 04:16:01 PM »
I can't locate a link right now, but I recall a story out of iirc Oklahoma a few years back. Where a lesbian couple wanted a child and opted to have it via, ahem, not so artificial insemination by a male acquaintance. Contract drawn up release all parental rights and liability, etc. Basically the same sort of agreement as one would find both donating and receiving for artificial insemination.

Later thrown out after the lesbian couple split and viola the poor sap is on the hood for child support.

Probably not the brightest idea. But I'm still a pretty clear case of the guy shouldn't have ever been on the hook.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.