Author Topic: Did you know that if you plan for the future...  (Read 916 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Did you know that if you plan for the future...
« on: June 03, 2006, 05:20:17 AM »
emphasize individualism, or try to define standard English, you're nothing more than a cultural racist bastard?

"An outpouring of criticism forced Seattle Public Schools on Thursday to pull a Web site that viewed planning for the future, emphasizing individualism and defining standard English as examples of cultural racism.

The message had appeared under an "equity and race relations" section of the district's Web site and was mentioned Thursday in an opinion piece by a Libertarian writer in the Seattle P-I. Andrew J. Coulson's column . Criticism of the site has been building in the world of blogs for weeks.

In its place Thursday was a message that the site will be revised to "provide more context to reader around the work that Seattle Public Schools is doing to address institutional racism."

Entire story here. It's a good read.

All I can say, though, is that I'm happy to be a cultural racist because I'm planning for my future and not living entirely for the moment.

Power, brothers.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 05:24:57 AM »
It's funny that the left now ascribes all manner of behaviors and beliefs to various races.  They once liked to denounce racial stereotypes like "Blacks are lazy" or "Mexicans are theives."  Now, they tell us that being Black means being left-wing and being white means being a heartless conservative.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

matis

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 07:00:34 PM »
Very discouraging to see that a growing number of idiots in this country buy into this kind of rot.

Frankly, a country made up of a large enough majority (I think it WILL happen) like this doesn't deserve to survive.  And it won't.

matis
Si vis pacem; para bellum.

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 03:25:31 AM »
At first I thought the quote must have been stretched.  Then I read the whole thing.  Wow.  Individulism and planning are racisit?  That is so far out there that I would like to hear the explanation.  It's possible that context would clear up the meaning.  It's also possible that this person is teaching collectivism and should be fired.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 03:55:49 AM »
i just found out that Monkey County MD skool sys-dum has decided that there is not an equal percentage of
black children participating in the gifted and talented program, so they have decided to allow families to self elect
their prodigy into the program rather than have a merit based entrance.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 04:02:00 AM »
I guess it's racist because it buys into the caucasian ethno concept that we're actually going to live past 30 instead of getting gunned down in the streets in a battle over drug turf in our hood, or that we're going to retire peacefully and need money instead of being supported by tax payers while we're incarcerated for 25 to life because we knocked over the local Stop'N'Shop, shot the manager, and raped the hot customer for good measure.

There simply is no explanation. You said it yourself. It's so far out there that it's Rod Serling time. No context in the world can clean up the meaning of those quotes.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 01:28:02 PM »
gotta love the web archive:
Dr. Caprice Hollins - Director of Equity and Race Relations

Superintendent Raj Manhas has appointed Dr. Caprice Hollins to fill the newly established role of Director of Equity and Race Relations for Seattle Public Schools. Reporting directly to the Superintendent, Dr. Hollins will lead and coordinate programs that develop cultural awareness, understanding, and instructional methods to eradicate institutional racism. She will also implement equity and excellence standards; and be involved in examining issues of equity and access in all aspects of the school system.

Dr. Hollins is supremely qualified to fill this key role, said Superintendent Manhas. She brings a wealth of experience in increasing awareness of how racism impacts programs and systems, as well as a proven ability to motivate change in individuals and in organizations. This appointment is a key step towards dismantling institutional racism across our school system, and ensuring that access and equity are considered in our decision-making process. Dr. Hollins will lead these efforts, but it will take the participation and commitment of our entire staff  and the entire community  to break down barriers and eliminate the achievement gap.

Dr. Hollins, a licensed psychologist, brings nearly 15 years experience providing a range of services to an ethnically and socio-economically diverse group of children, families and organizations; and ten years experience teaching and leading workshops at the university level. Issues of racism and its impacts on individuals and society have been key themes throughout her career.

For the past four years, Dr. Hollins served as an independent contractor with the African American Academy, providing individual, family and group services to students, parents and staff. Previously, she held roles at the Atlantic Street Center, and several educational and health-oriented organizations in California. In addition, Dr. Hollins has taught courses related to multi-cultural issues at every major university in Seattle.

Dr. Hollins, a graduate of Franklin High School in Seattle, holds a B.A. from Seattle University and an M.A. and Psy.D. from the California School of Professional Psychology-L.A.

Dr. Hollins was selected following a nation-wide search, and was recommended by a 12-member interview panel comprised of representatives from the NAACP, Urban League, Save Our Schools, Parent-Teacher-Student Association (PTSA), Seattle Education Association, IUOE Local I-609, Principals Association of Seattle Schools, the School Board and District leadership.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050320130041/www.seattleschools.org/area/equityandrace/director.xml
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 07:41:20 PM »
I suppose I'm a horrible racist, then.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 03:48:36 AM »
You know, if these so called educated people would quit focusing on the things that divide us and spend more time either ignoring same or promoting unity, I believe that our lives would be less complicated, no matter who one is.

I don't why they call "leftists" and "liberals" progressives as they are certainly not progressive.  Unless of course progress is promoting and edifying all the circumstances that set us apart which usually causes turbulence.  The more these damn fools are allowed to infest our institutions, the sooner be will become that which we (the rest of us) have mostly never had a problem with.

I'm happy to report that I participated in the outcry over this overtly racist page on that school's website.  Never did get a reply from them.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw