Author Topic: Saw a FUNNY movie tonight...  (Read 964 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Saw a FUNNY movie tonight...
« on: June 03, 2006, 07:42:29 PM »
Grandma's Boy.

I'd never heard of it, but mtnbkr rented it, so he and I watched it.

His wife bailed after about 3 minutes, taking the daughter with her. She's at that age when she picks up words, and I think that 7 of the first 14 words were the F word...

I think both Chris and I found it to be absolutely HYSTERICAL.

Definitely one I'm going to buy!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 02:26:30 AM »
LOL, yea, kids say the "darndest" things and always at the wrong time. My favorite story is when my oldest and totally innocent child came home from his very first day of kindergarten and said "Hey Dad!" and flipped me the bird. I said, "UH, I don't think you're supposed to be doing that."

The newest one is when we recently found out our 15 yo daughter was getting into instant message wars with her little friends and in the printout of the conversations every other word SHE used started with "F". Talk about a shocker. Anyone want a 15 yo daughter? shocked

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 03:48:11 AM »
Definitely a funny movie.  The scene in the bathroom with the doll almost made me piss my pants, I was laughing so hard.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 03:50:47 AM »
Yeah, that was hysterical, Danny. I liked even better when he's in his car after that scene and he does the thing with the tongue, and the other guy says "Ugh, my doll is a whore." Chris and I both broke up on that...

Check out some of the reviews on Rotten Tomatos.com... I think we're among the only people in the universe who liked it. Smiley

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/grandmas_boy/
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 04:29:56 AM »
"Check out some of the reviews on Rotten Tomatos.com... I think we're among the only people in the universe who liked it."

Probably.  It was still funny as hell.  I especially liked the fat kid and the milk maid.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 09:34:25 AM »
My son is a serious gamer, and a straight A student to boot. He also has a very dry and twisted sense of humor. Gotta go rent this one.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 09:47:12 AM »
Quote from: garrettwc
My son is a serious gamer, and a straight A student to boot. He also has a very dry and twisted sense of humor. Gotta go rent this one.
How does he like his racecar bed?  You guys gonna get him some rims? [/movie related joke]

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 12:34:52 PM »
"How does he like his racecar bed?  You guys gonna get him some rims?"

Robot! Wheep! Wheep! You're an ass! Wheep! Wheep! Cheesy

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 03:35:13 AM »
How does he like his racecar bed?  You guys gonna get him some rims? [/movie related joke]
Unless getting him a vintage Mopar Muscle car and letting him sleep in it counts, I think I am safe on this one.