Author Topic: 55 Buttons!  (Read 671 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
55 Buttons!
« on: June 04, 2006, 06:19:44 AM »
That's how many there are on this new remote control we got for our new "COMCAST On Demand" DVR. I just HAD to count them. 55 friggin' buttons. How do they come UP with this stuff? rolleyes
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
55 Buttons!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 06:58:41 AM »
My mother has one of those, almost as many buttons as the 14 y/o remote for my stereo.  I'ved used it twice and can already play it like a fiddle.

[Minor rant] Frelling Comcast.  They were supposed to come over to her place yesterday and install her phone service and Inet.  We waited four hours for them to show up, but nada.  She'd even called Friday to confirm the appointment.  What they did not tell her when she called was that when she had finalized her QWest bill from her old place, her phone number went back into the pool and was unavailable so they put her order on hold.  GRRRR!!!  Next available appointment date is June 14th.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
55 Buttons!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 07:53:24 AM »
Hell, I'm having trouble with "Channel" and "Volume" Tongue

The guy was here for 4 hours because my daughter got the wireless internet for Christmas and it's all a big package.  We just had them move everything around so we could better monitor her computer activities. Turns out she's had this thing in her room since Christmas and I'm just pretty much just finding out about it cause it just got moved do the living room. I'll probably need to take a couple classes. LOL...

The guy was explaining the whole thing to my wife and after he left I asked her if she remembered all that and she said, "No."

Shoulda took notes!

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!